Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FLL > IAD....Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

FLL > IAD....Discontinued?

Haven't been able to book a direct flight form FLL to IAD in September. Are they discontinuing this route?

Same for MCO > FLL.

Any insight?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by RedWingNut
Haven't been able to book a direct flight form FLL to IAD in September. Are they discontinuing this route?

Same for MCO > FLL.

Any insight?
I have no absolutely idea. I am not quite sure why B6 is discontinued service from FLL-IAD. I think they swap the route from IAD to DCA. Because they already get second daily from DCA-FLL.

Oh, by the way and welcome to FlyerTalk, RedWingNut.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
It does appear that the service will operated for the last time on 6/10/2012 (IAD-FLL/MCO). Since on 6/11/2012 they are expanding DCA-FLL/MCO from 1X Daily to 3X Daily, it makes sense to assume that is where they are putting the aircraft. On the bright side there are more options as jetBlue goes from 2 DC area flights daily to 3.

As for MCO and FLL I am not sure if you thought there was service between those two cities, but there never was.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBLU421NYC
It does appear that the service will operated for the last time on 6/10/2012 (IAD-FLL/MCO). Since on 6/11/2012 they are expanding DCA-FLL/MCO from 1X Daily to 3X Daily, it makes sense to assume that is where they are putting the aircraft. On the bright side there are more options as jetBlue goes from 2 DC area flights daily to 3.

As for MCO and FLL I am not sure if you thought there was service between those two cities, but there never was.
Thanks for the info. I meant to say MCO>IAD not MCO>FLL

I hope another airline picks up the FLL/MCO>IAD nonstop route because DCA is not convenient.

EDIT: I know Southwest flies MCO>IAD nonstop
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
All of our FLL-IAD and MCO-IAD flights will be transferred to DCA.

MCO-IAD is one of my favorite flights to work which disappoints me. Most POLITE group of customers mostly on vacation with their children and the flying time is short (1:30-1:45)...
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: United MP, AirTran A+, SW RR
WN (Southwest) does NOT fly to Florida nonstop from IAD any more. Neither does AirTran (FL). As a matter of fact, AirTran is dropping IAD-ATL in June, so you can't even connect to Florida on AirTran from Dulles. Northern Virginians closer to IAD area really getting hurt by these cuts.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by RedWingNut
Thanks for the info. I meant to say MCO>IAD not MCO>FLL

I hope another airline picks up the FLL/MCO>IAD nonstop route because DCA is not convenient.

EDIT: I know Southwest flies MCO>IAD nonstop
Right and IAD-TPA, too. You forget 1 more route. WN has previously flies nonstop IAD-TPA.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
Believe B6 is cutting all IAD-Florida for good as it shifts more ops to DCA. Moreover, BOS is getting pretty thin from IAD as they shift more of those flights to DCA. Result is DCA is now a cheaper option to Logan than IAD, which is basically a UA monopoly, while US and B6 are fighting it out on DCA-BOS with fairly heavy schedules. Similar dynamic also starting to play out DCA-Florida which already has the added benefit of NK competition.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Priority Club
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
Believe B6 is cutting all IAD-Florida for good as it shifts more ops to DCA. Moreover, BOS is getting pretty thin from IAD as they shift more of those flights to DCA. Result is DCA is now a cheaper option to Logan than IAD, which is basically a UA monopoly, while US and B6 are fighting it out on DCA-BOS with fairly heavy schedules. Similar dynamic also starting to play out DCA-Florida which already has the added benefit of NK competition.
IAD ops are getting small enough to the point where one wonders if they'll be pulling it completely.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreequentFlier
IAD ops are getting small enough to the point where one wonders if they'll be pulling it completely.
Is IAD-OAK still around?

It's on their route map, but you can't book it.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by nerd
Is IAD-OAK still around?

Is it a seasonal route? I know BOS-OAK and BOS-PDX are only available mid/late-may through the summer. Perhaps the same is true for IAD-OAK.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by nerd
Is IAD-OAK still around?

IAD-LGB it still avail ^!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.