Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Dr.'s orders not to fly- any chance of a fee waiver?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Hey all-

Have a passenger flying with me BUF-BOS-BUF this week who's under Dr's orders to not fly due to communicable illness- any chance that I can get a fee waiver to cancel with ticket if I provide a doctor's note? Or even a name change?

I realize that it's probably a long shot in this day and age but I figured it'd be worth a try.

Thanks!
-iTanNicNIc
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
There is always a chance so give a call. If they won't go for a refund with fee waived ask about a voucher with fee waived as this is what companies like with the whole "still giving us business" model.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply- I appreciate it. I'll give that a try.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:02 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
This happened to my dad and all jetBlue wanted was the name of the doctor and/or hospital he was in and they waived the cancellation fee, also allowed a full refund. My dad was admitted to the ER though, so not sure what your situation was, but they seemed to be very accommodating in my dads case.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBLU421NYC
This happened to my dad and all jetBlue wanted was the name of the doctor and/or hospital he was in and they waived the cancellation fee, also allowed a full refund. My dad was admitted to the ER though, so not sure what your situation was, but they seemed to be very accommodating in my dads case.
No dice with jB, but the girl on the phone was nice about it. The tickets were so low value (bought during the $39 fare sale) that it's not really a big deal. I was just glad to have a pleasant phone experience.

However, I thought that even if it's a nonrefundable fare, aren't they required to refund fees (such as the 9/11 fee) regardless?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I believe so if you actually cancel the ticket. Not if you just don't fly.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 2:40 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by ITanNicNic
No dice with jB, but the girl on the phone was nice about it. The tickets were so low value (bought during the $39 fare sale) that it's not really a big deal. I was just glad to have a pleasant phone experience.

However, I thought that even if it's a nonrefundable fare, aren't they required to refund fees (such as the 9/11 fee) regardless?
Glad they were nice to you, and that it's a cheap fare.

Call again, you'll get another agent, they may show some more sympathy.

Can't hurt to try.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armattheus
Ticket was cancelled. Looks like she split it into a seperate PNR and then cancelled.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by armattheus
Right, if he can save the ticket for next future trip. He will able reissued his ticketed. Then, he can called B6. There is no guaranteed can get refund the money back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.