Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

B6 next new destination for 2012?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B6 next new destination for 2012?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
I've heard rumors they may start flying the E-190's to Hyannis, Cape Cod as a seasonal service.

JFK-HYA, not a bad deal considering my family is from there.
Is that short flight? It was 196 miles. I wasn't sure if there is on weight restricted.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:32 am

Enter PHL...

The time is ripe for US to enter the PHL market...

*B6 has enough brand recognition along the east coast to draw traffic.
*Better yield opportunities than what Spirit is achieving out of Atlantic City.
*Virgin has already announced PHL-west coast service, and JetBlue seems to match rather quickly historically.
*The Southwest drawdown means a robust LCC presence is lacking.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:59 pm

I noticed that US Airways' fares on PHL-BOS and PHL-MHT have risen.

After the Southwest announcement to end PIT and BOS area services, US increased PHL-PIT and PHL-PVD to over $249 one way on PVD and more on PIT, but the PHL-BOS and PHL-MHT routes were increased to just $101 one way.

Now, BOS is $249 one way.

One can find a better deal on EWR-BOS as JetBlue competes now, but reaching EWR from PHL for a short flight still seems a hassle. Some might just take the train all the way to BOS.

It really makes NK's ACY-BOS a deal, however NK is keeping it seasonal and ending it right after Labor Day.

Last edited by rtalk25; Jan 23, 2012 at 7:10 pm
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by rtalk25
I noticed that US Airways' fares on PHL-BOS and PHL-MHT have risen.

After the Southwest announcement to end PIT and BOS area services, US increased PHL-PIT and PHL-PVD to over $249 one way on PVD and more on PIT, but the PHL-BOS and PHL-MHT routes were increased to just $101 one way.

Now, BOS is $249 one way.

One can find a better deal on EWR-BOS as JetBlue competes now, but reaching EWR from PHL for a short flight still seems a hassle. Some might just take the train all the way to BOS.

It really makes NK's ACY-BOS a deal, however NK is keeping it seasonal and ending it right after Labor Day.
WN dumped the PHL-MHT and PHL-PIT routes because the loads sucked and were unprofitable. Thant being the case, why would B6 want it?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Seat13c
WN dumped the PHL-MHT and PHL-PIT routes because the loads sucked and were unprofitable. Thant being the case, why would B6 want it?
The question is: why did the loads suck?
Is it because of the WN hard product, schedule, US FF? Maybe B6 could do better with their superior IFE.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Jan 24, 2012 at 4:35 pm
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
I think PHL-BOS would be interesting maybe we could potentially see PHL-BOS/FLL/MCO. I am more interested in what they are planning for DCA and LGA with the new slots. More than PHL I would love to see maybe on E90 some serviceDTW out of JFK/BOS. Also, Barger met with the folks over at PVD so that will likely become a new station this year as well. Since I am out in the west for school, I am would love to see better AUS connectivity to Florida stations for more direct flights rather than connecting at JFK/BOS.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, you're right. They didn't work out very well. Maybe if B6 will have a consider to start more direct flight from PHL-PIT/FLL/ORD/SFO/LAX/TPA/MCO. Let's wait and see if they will have consider it. I would considered if they can start more specific new route from MHT-FLL/MCO/TPA/PHL/AUS/ORD/DFW/NAS/SJU.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I do not know if it will be in 2012 but reports here in Rhode Island is that its a very good chance of B6 coming to PVD

JetBlue CEO says 'very good chance' airline coming to R.I.'s Green

By Paul Edward Parker

WARWICK, R.I. -- The chief executive of JetBlue Airways said on Sunday that there is a "very good chance" the low-cost airline will make an announcement this spring about beginning service at T.F. Green Airport.

Airlines generally make spring announcements about service that will begin in the fall.

JetBlue CEO David J. Barger visited Green last week, the third time in recent months he has visited the airport or met with Rhode Island officials at his New York offices.

In response to a Providence Journal query on Twitter.com about the chances of an announcement in the spring, Barger replied:

"A very good chance; Governor Chafee and team rock!"

http://news.providencejournal.com/bu...-to-green.html
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think B6 will start service PVD-FLL/MCO/TPA/AUS/SJU/RSW/PBI or etc. They won't be in JFK due to congestion.

Just a speculating for which the specific route is that.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
I think B6 will start service PVD-FLL/MCO/TPA/AUS/SJU/RSW/PBI or etc. They won't be in JFK due to congestion.

I assume B6 will start PVD (if they do) the same way they did BDL. They'll put on a few flights a day to MCO and FLL. Then maybe a daily flight each to one or two other Florida cities (possibly seasonal).

The chance of B6 ever starting PVD-AUS is just about nil. They can't even support seven day a week service on BOS-AUS.

Last edited by 201flyer; Jan 25, 2012 at 5:09 pm
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by N830MH

you can cross AUS, SJU, RSW, and PBI off that list for initial service. FLL and MCO are pretty safe bets.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:55 pm

You assume B6 would want those same city pairs. I'm sure there are quite a number of better yielding destinations ex PHL B6 could jump into.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:16 pm

JFK and FLL to PAP.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by grt2106
JFK and FLL to PAP.
Why let SPIRIT have all the fun?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by volvo99
You assume B6 would want those same city pairs. I'm sure there are quite a number of better yielding destinations ex PHL B6 could jump into.
From a business traveler perspective, I think BOS-PHL and BOS-ATL have to be on the list somewhere.

Especially as B6 is trying to grow its business traveler base in Boston. This would be in line with BOS-DFW (flight to legacy carrier hub in major business market).

I agree that I don't see them jumping into random markets like MHT-PHL or PVD-AUS, where they have no real strength.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.