FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   More SJU expansion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1291090-more-sju-expansion.html)

Brigri Dec 14, 2011 6:31 am

More SJU expansion

Per the "Where we jet" page looks like the following routes are coming in 2012

PBI-SJU starts 5/15/12 and EWR-SJU starts 4/25/12

I think EWR-SJU was done before.

sbm12 Dec 14, 2011 7:44 am

There's a press release out now, too.

Up to 13 destinations from SJU, with more growth expected. Pretty impressive how they've swooped in and taken the AA market share.

http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=c:blue,sj...c7%2b%25t&PW=3

N830MH Dec 14, 2011 10:24 am

Wow! I didn't see it coming. So PBI-SJU is first-ever brand new nonstop. I cannot imagine why B6 is bringing more capacity growth. I"m sure thsoe route will be done extremely very well.

Seat13c Dec 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Brigri (Post 17624103)
Per the "Where we jet" page looks like the following routes are coming in 2012

PBI-SJU starts 5/15/12 and EWR-SJU starts 4/25/12

I think EWR-SJU was done before.

They did have it when they first opened EWR. However, they had to discontinue to b/c they needed the aircraft elsewhere in the system.

sbm12 Dec 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 17626282)
They did have it when they first opened EWR. However, they had to discontinue to b/c they needed the aircraft elsewhere in the system.

Or because CO was kicking their arse on the fare/frequency. ;)

N830MH Dec 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 17627168)

Yes, it will get rmore tougher competition against UA/CO from EWR.

Seat13c Dec 15, 2011 10:59 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 17627168)

No one likes be reminded about mud being tossed in their face. Just was trying to be nice about that fact... ;)

sbm12 Dec 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 17632638)
No one likes be reminded about mud being tossed in their face. Just was trying to be nice about that fact... ;)

Nice???

That's definitely not me. :p

JFKSFOLAX_friend Dec 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c (Post 17626282)
However, they had to discontinue to b/c they needed the aircraft elsewhere in the system.

As others have noted, that is not the reason Jetblue pulled out. CO greatly increased their frequency, drastically lowered their fares, and may have even done a mileage promotion. I remember they went full throttle against Jetblue. It was truly a "Shock and Awe" campaign. I think they lowered fares to $69 each way.

I lived in NYC at the time and was considering a job in Puerto Rico so I remember this whole thing playing out.

Seat13c Dec 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend (Post 17670350)
As others have noted, that is not the reason Jetblue pulled out. CO greatly increased their frequency, drastically lowered their fares, and may have even done a mileage promotion. I remember they went full throttle against Jetblue. It was truly a "Shock and Awe" campaign. I think they lowered fares to $69 each way.

I lived in NYC at the time and was considering a job in Puerto Rico so I remember this whole thing playing out.

Q: What's the reason an airline would need an aircraft elsewhere in the system?
A: Better yeilds elsewhere than what they are presently receiving.

Obviously, CO service and the NYC demographics showed the demand for the service. However, their revenue management department couldn't price it to work like needed.

I never disputed what you were saying. I was simply saying they needed it else. I just didn't physically say they were getting slaughtered on the route. :rolleyes:

N830MH Dec 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Where I can see Jetblue is next new route announcement from ORD/HOU/AUS/MSY/RDU/CLT-SJU nonstop in a distant the future.

Let's the speculations begin.

mkt Dec 26, 2011 5:04 pm

I would love nothing more than to see more intra-Caribbean flights, or starting LatAm service from SJU.

Can B6's E190's land in EIS? That route could really use an LCC option.

AdamSouthFL Dec 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by mkt (Post 17694910)
I would love nothing more than to see more intra-Caribbean flights, or starting LatAm service from SJU.

I've often thought a B6 SJU hub for LatAm flights would do well and it looks like with the non-stops going to SJU, it's being built. Of course, I am just in the peanut gallery.

N830MH Dec 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Can B6's E190's land in EIS? That route could really use an LCC option.

Yes, I think so. Considering B6 that mean they will try to continued more new intra-Caribbean service expansion. They will focus in SJU hub. It's will work.

Perhaps, B6 would considered service to BZE, PTY, CUN, CCS, BOG, AZM, SAL, GUA, MGA, CZM, AUA, UVF, BGI, MBJ, KIN, GCM, NAS, FPO, PLS, GDT, PAP, STI, PUJ, and etc.

sbm12 Dec 28, 2011 5:53 am

They have a few, and I'd bet on seeing more. It would be very interesting to see an E90 hub there as the mainland routes up-gauge to 320s and 321s but I'm not sure those planes meet the market right.

That said, there are a few inter-island routes currently running and I'd bet on more coming. Setting up stations in those destinations is relatively cheap and easy so they can support even 1x daily service pretty easily.