Search

B6 announce BOS-DFW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
B6 announce BOS-DFW

Finally!! B6 has continuation more expansion to DFW from BOS. So here the official announcement from B6.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/0...ton-to-dallas/
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
At least this might bring AA's fares under $500 roundtrip.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
At least this might bring AA's fares under $500 roundtrip.
Ya, AA will be big pissed on B6. B6 is coming into DFW. There goes some more tougher competition against AA. Maybe AA will matched the fares. Those customer who cannot afford to flying more than $500 RT. They will get a real special fare is $99 one-way trip.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: Many
Spirit Airlines just announced BOS-DFW too (and other new DFW routes). I guess competitors see AA's bankruptcy as a great time to enter AA's DFW fortress hub.

Virgin America added DFW a few months ago...DFW pricing will no longer be as AA dominated as it used to be on a number of routes.

Last edited by crazyMRer; Dec 6, 2011 at 11:18 pm
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
This is a good move for B6, a business route out of BOS and for what it's worth AA is going to be distracted in bankruptcy the next 2 years. Good foothold for B6, I would expect maybe a few more frequencies if demand is good for them.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
it is probably one of the worst announcements this week for AA exec's.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
it is probably one of the worst announcements this week for AA exec's.
I assume that you are being sarcastic.

I do believe that AA has a strong track record of defending its DFW hub Furthermore, the competition certainly makes the banruptcy case stronger -- makes a pressing case to reduce overall costs.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Finally, indeed.

Hopefully DFW-JFK won't be too far behind.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Well, it's official release from B6. Here they are:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/JetBlu...59121.html?x=0

Enjoy!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:24 am

Great news! I hate stopping over on the way down there.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aarif1
Great news! I hate stopping over on the way down there.
I bet JetBlue will do LGA to BOS as well with those slots. Wouldn't be surprised on LGA to BOS, LGA to DCA, LGA to Chicago Ohare and I dunno what else will fit.

Makes sense so people flying from LGA can get to Dallas on a connection flight thru Boston.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by adamj023
I bet JetBlue will do LGA to BOS as well with those slots. Wouldn't be surprised on LGA to BOS, LGA to DCA, LGA to Chicago Ohare and I dunno what else will fit.
You're talking about three VERY heavily competitive routes where the number of daily frequencies is in the dozens. There's no way that adding 8 more frequencies on any one, much less on the three combined, will result in something that is financially viable IMO.

Originally Posted by adamj023
Makes sense so people flying from LGA can get to Dallas on a connection flight thru Boston.
Flying an hour the wrong direction just to catch one of the three daily flights to DFW doesn't make sense at all.

My new theory (though I know it is not rational) for the LGA/DCA slots is to throw all of them at DFW and go up against AA hard-core. It is enough frequencies to run real competition and solid enough markets with minimal other service that there could be room to make some real money. The hard part is that the stage length is high meaning fleet utilization and yield issues. But it sure would be entertaining.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 7:09 am

This may be my BOS-based bias here, but I think that B6 is flying BOS-DFW not to "compete with AA," but to provide a destination for BOS-based business travelers.

The company has been repeatedly emphasizing how happy they are with their BOS numbers, if you read their conference call transcripts.

While many on here (understandably) do not like B6's FF program, I think the bigger issue for BOS-based travelers who are not so FF-obsessed is simply lack of destinations (e.g., ATL, MIA, STL, BNA, CLE, DTW) they serve. Adding DFW seems to fill a substantial hole in their network. Indeed, they mention in their press release that this was their #1 request from customers, so I assume that had to play a role in this decision.

I therefore have a hard time seeing them starting LGA-DFW, given that B6 is not exactly strong at either LGA or DFW. But it will be very interesting to see what they do with these slots.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:47 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by JCK75

I therefore have a hard time seeing them starting LGA-DFW, given that B6 is not exactly strong at either LGA or DFW. But it will be very interesting to see what they do with these slots.

They are quite strong at LGA. Flights to FLL,MCO, and PBI do extremely well. It's just going to be difficult to do LGA-DFW, agreed.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JCK75
... but to provide a destination for BOS-based business travelers.
... Adding DFW seems to fill a substantial hole in their network.

I therefore have a hard time seeing them starting LGA-DFW, given that B6 is not exactly strong at either LGA or DFW.
So the NYC-based business travelers who have the same (lack of ) options to DFW don't deserve the B6 love?

It would depend on how much of the NYC-DFW traffic is O/D versus connecting but I bet a few turns daily from LGA would fill up OK.

And, even though they can claim they're doing it for their customers, they are also clearly attacking a competitor that has a monopoly on the route. Those are customers who the company hopes will now shift business. That's the goal every time a route is launched.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.