Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Now (sadly) entering self-imposed winter JetBlue blackout...anyone else?

Now (sadly) entering self-imposed winter JetBlue blackout...anyone else?

Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by terrier
I wholeheartedly agree. I can't remember which late-nite TV host referred to B6 as "really more of a May-to-September airline" a few years back, but it really struck a chord with me after my third cancelled trip in 2 years due to a few snowflakes at JFK. I just don't fly B6 in the winter, even though they're my preferred domestic carrier when the weather's nice and they fly where I'm going. Burned too many times.

Every airline has issues when the weather turns at a hub, but the majors have a bit more slack to handle it - and much better customer service infrastructure.
There is no perfect airline when you stack them together and JetBlue is far from perfect:

Case in point: JetBlue has been known to have problems in the winter as others have pointed out and also had incidents where they claimed they were short on fuel and had to land at an earlier airport. I was not on those flights and I don't know if the passengers were refunded the difference or not however.

Competition is good and consumers can choose their respective carriers depending on the service levels they are looking for and require since there are loads of carriers on the market today.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by cleanfloor
This already exists. I haven't had any luck figuring out what the threshold is, but i've heard anywhere from "top 250 in your city" to "top 1000 world wide" from the reps when i ask.

It's a nice program though. Along with the phone number they send me a signed holiday card from the ceo, redsox tickets once a year, and usually something else like a concert (last year was grace potter).
Wait - it does? Could you go into more detail, as in how you first got the number? I'm interested to know if the airline rep at the 800 number, the check-in staff or flight attendant know how often you travel/ if you are one of the "frequent fliers". I know there are some B6 staff/ heavy B6 fliers on here
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by CX HK
Wait - it does? Could you go into more detail, as in how you first got the number? I'm interested to know if the airline rep at the 800 number, the check-in staff or flight attendant know how often you travel/ if you are one of the "frequent fliers". I know there are some B6 staff/ heavy B6 fliers on here
Wish I could... it's a totally bizarre and unpublished program. I first got a small package in 2008 with a card like this (this one was from last year) and there was a piece of paper that just had the special number

I did about 100 flights this year on B6, but I have no idea what the magic number is.

For what it's worth, when you call the number it just says "Hello, thank you for calling jetblue airways. You have reached our exclusive phoneline for valued trueblue members" and then brings you to a live person right away. they definitely know that you didn't come through the normal queue tho... ive had them say things along the lines of "wow, that's a lot of flights". ive never gotten any recognition at the terminals, tho.

I wonder if any of the b6 employees on here can shed some light?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cleanfloor
I wonder if any of the b6 employees on here can shed some light?
Never heard of it while I was there, but sounds like a cool program.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
just got my 2011 card... no idea who "justin" is though. must have forgotten his business card

Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I had been crossing my fingers that JetBlue would announce an elite tier in Jan. 2012 (based upon rumors in this forum & FAs recently telling me "I think an elite level is coming soon"). I guess not.

Granted, they could still do it later in the year, but why wouldn't they jump on it in January so frequent fliers would start filling their seats (which seem to be rather empty in Jan & Feb). C'mon JetBlue, let us help you (by flying your airline in during the 'down months')! Feel free to use any/all of my suggestions, but do it soon so we can bring more business to your airline!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.