Late check-in

Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
Late check-in

Booked my first JetBlue flight-an illegally short connection off Iberia to a BOS-EWR flight, only 1h10 between flights. Cleared immigration and got my checked bag quickly then customs and hoofed it fast to the next terminal but self service check-in rejected me and directed me to an agent as it was less than 30 minutes to scheduled departure-I was shocked the counter agent was able to check me in and check my bag then brought me to security to see that I got the express/employee line to get right through. Was surprised B6's system allows a bag tag to be issued passed check-in deadline. If they had not accommodated me, would have meant a $450ish CO walk up fare or the bus to get back to NYC/NJ that night. I bought the B6 ticket on a gamble the Iberia flight would arrive early, which it did not, and still made the connection-just barely. And it was a much nicer flight, more helpful and friend employees on the ground and in the air-including a cockpit crew member joking that the aircraft door on boarding. Don't want to trash my regular domestic carrier by naming them but they are an American Airline. Might be elite with them, since 1982, but they don't make me feel particularly valued as a customer.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
The crew at BOS is great... glad everything went well.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Since BOS has a fairly compact layout, it is relatively easy to connect. Even between terminals.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Most airlines CAN do this; it is just a matter of if they will or not. I've had some carriers require me to sign a waiver that if they cannot get the bag on the flight due to a late check-in they would not deliver it to me later at the far end but otherwise, assuming the agent isn't playing strictly by the rules or otherwise having a bad day, it shouldn't be too big a deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.