Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Luggage BOS to CUN

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Lost Luggage BOS to CUN

My husband traveled on Sunday - Oct 31st on a non stop flight from BOS to CUN. He arrived in CUN but his bag didn't. So it's been 3 days and CUN or the main baggage claim of Jet Blue can't track the bag. They have no idea where it is. I called Boston and they couldn't even tell me if the bag is there and if they put it on another plane.
So the biggest problem is that he went cave diving and some of his equipment is in that bag. Some can be rented but he needs to buy some new stuff (like undergarment for his dry suit) if he wants to dive.
So I was wondering if anybody has some suggestions how to proceed with Jet Blue since the bag is still not located and he will be coming back in a week? Jet Blue is telling me that first 5 days CUN should make an effort to locate the bag but since there is no tracking system, I don't see how this will happen. Is there anyway for me to escalate the issue? Any other suggestions?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:54 pm

In another thread I drew an analogy between passengers and damaged pears in the Produce Department.

Black and Blue will lead you to believe that they have a soul, but in my experience, they have no soul.

I wonder if you've checked with the Insurance Company that insures your residence about personal property losses? Or the credit card company on which your husband charged his airline ticket (they may offer some level of "loss" protection).
Old Nov 2, 2011, 3:38 am
Original Poster

He has insurance from his credit card but I have idea how long it will take to reimburse him if at all and if his bag would be ever found.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:08 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
If it was Sunday (30th) and not Monday (31st) I'd guess it's likely somewhere at Logan. With diversions/delays that happened on Saturday there might have been a pile of "random" luggage and it could have wound up there.

The fact that they can't say if it got on an international flight makes me wonder what all this stuff about passengers and bags needing to match for international flights.

Another unfortunate possibility is that sometimes valuable items tend to grow legs when seperated from their owner.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Sorry. Oct 30th is the correct date. I called BOS airport 2 times. The first time they told me that is on a flight to JFK and CUN but it never arrived with that flight.
Second time I called they told me that they don't have any bags that are left there and have no idea if the bag went on another flight or whatever.
I don't think that the items are that "valuable" but if you are diving you know what it feels like if you are not with your own fins or booties, etc. It's just uncomfortable.
I just called the Baggage Claim again... and they plain refuse to escalate the issue. They are waiting for CUN to do something even though this bag is untraceable for 4 days.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by MyXa
Sorry. Oct 30th is the correct date. I called BOS airport 2 times. The first time they told me that is on a flight to JFK and CUN but it never arrived with that flight.
Second time I called they told me that they don't have any bags that are left there and have no idea if the bag went on another flight or whatever.
I don't think that the items are that "valuable" but if you are diving you know what it feels like if you are not with your own fins or booties, etc. It's just uncomfortable.
I just called the Baggage Claim again... and they plain refuse to escalate the issue. They are waiting for CUN to do something even though this bag is untraceable for 4 days.
Have you checked with baggage services about the reimbursement? They definitely might reimburse for expenses.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

I did. They told me to keep the receipts for everything. But I'm not sure if they will reimburse you for everything that they think is non essential. They offered $25 for basic necessities (toothpaste, toothbrush, etc) and $50 per day for renting equipment.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:50 pm
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by MyXa
I did. They told me to keep the receipts for everything. But I'm not sure if they will reimburse you for everything that they think is non essential. They offered $25 for basic necessities (toothpaste, toothbrush, etc) and $50 per day for renting equipment.
My luggage got lost/delayed once on B6 and they told me I could spend up to $200 on clothes etc. Had a field day at KMart and the Addidis outlet. Luggage was delivered to me a day later, B6 paid up too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.