Wiki Posts
Search

Nashville?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List (w/CP), Hilton Diamond
Nashville?

I was on a flight that was taking off from Nashville on Monday (8/8), around 10:30am. There was a Jet Blue plane that took off just in front of us. Does this mean the Jet Blue will soon be coming to Nashville?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU6451

It has operated a couple times this month on that route. My guess is either charter or maintenance and not new service.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:18 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Embraer has a mantainence base in BNA that we send our planes to to have work done. So you will see Jetblue E190's in and out of there every once and a while.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

I was really hoping to see Jet Blue in Nashville.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by elhs
I was really hoping to see Jet Blue in Nashville.
We used to serve BNA. We opened it in 2006 and believe closed the station in 2008.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Do you think there is any chance of trying again in Nashville?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 8:42 pm

I wouldn't doubt it, an E-190 flight to BOS would make sense as they have no competition on that route. However, if they tried it before and it didn't work I don't know why they would go back to BNA.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by elhs
Do you think there is any chance of trying again in Nashville?
No, probably not anytime soon. Sorry! They won't have a chance to come back in BNA.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nightom22
I wouldn't doubt it, an E-190 flight to BOS would make sense as they have no competition on that route. However, if they tried it before and it didn't work I don't know why they would go back to BNA.
It was only JFK previously IIRC so the BOS option is one that has not been tried. Still, they seem to be de-emphasizing the E90s and looking at growing capacity on proven routes more and more. I'm not so sure that starting up service to a marginal destination is in the cards.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by sbm12
It was only JFK previously IIRC so the BOS option is one that has not been tried.
AA tried BNA-BOS with MD-80's about 10 years ago and DL tried the route with RJ's as recently as 3 years ago or so. Neither lasted very long.

For some reason, the demand just isn't there. I believe BOS is about the largest market with no NS service from BNA. Strange.

So I don't look for Jetblue at BNA, except for maintenance.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:34 pm
Suspended

SW operates BNA-PVD...how's that supposed to work? But it does.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
SWA has a lot of routes out there like that. Some how it works with the canyon blue colors despite other carriers not even considering the route. Couple others that come to mind are JAX-ORF, BOI-GEG, LBB-ABQ, and LAS-PVD, OMA, and ALB.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by Seat13c
SWA has a lot of routes out there like that. Some how it works with the canyon blue colors despite other carriers not even considering the route. Couple others that come to mind are JAX-ORF, BOI-GEG, LBB-ABQ, and LAS-PVD, OMA, and ALB.
Does the presence of the US Navy in both Norfolk and Jacksonville help this one out?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I wonder if WN will switch it to BOS-BNA. WN is the largest carrier at BNA. If anyone WN is best positioned to make BNA-BOS work.

I think B6 should go for PHL. I think the only reason PHL-BOS didn't get cut from WN is because it was so new, but it's probably a route WN isn't too eager to fly.

It seems WN rather dedicate its 737s to city pairs with atleast one WN hub/focus city on either the origination or destination. They will need to resource many to ATL.

However for B6, BOS is a hub. From PHL area, it's doable for a PHL-BOS-SEA or PHL-BOS-SFO if nonstop PHL-SEA or PHL-SFO are too expensive. It becomes less desirable and targeting even a smaller group of people with the proposition of BNA-BOS-SEA or BNA-BOS-SFO. And, WN has west coast nonstops from BNA, and is less likely to price gouge than say US would be on a nonstop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.