Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Will I get an incentive if I volunteer to be bumped

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TrueBlue

Hi all,

I am flying out of BOS on Monday evening to BUF. Fortunately for me, out of the 4 scheduled flights to BUF, my flight is the only one not cancelled. Does anyone know if I would receive any incentives from B6 if we (my son, my wife, and I) volunteer to be bumped to another flight or volunteer to have our tickets cancelled, freeing up 3 seats? I wouldn't mind driving to my destination if the incentives are worth it.

BTW, I just discovered this website and I'm learning a lot already. You guys are great!!

Last edited by outta here; Aug 28, 2011 at 1:50 pm Reason: Added info.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

Typically JetBlue doesn't overbook flights which is what causes other programs to "bump" passengers and give them vouchers or such. I would be quite surprised if they offered you compensation for giving up the confirmed seats to standby passengers.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TrueBlue
Originally Posted by sbm12
Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

Typically JetBlue doesn't overbook flights which is what causes other programs to "bump" passengers and give them vouchers or such. I would be quite surprised if they offered you compensation for giving up the confirmed seats to standby passengers.
I forgot to include; the cancellations were because of Hurricane Irene. Does that make any difference?
Old Aug 28, 2011, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by outta here
I forgot to include; the cancellations were because of Hurricane Irene. Does that make any difference?
Makes zero sense for JetB to do that. Why offer you something so that they acommodate somebody else, particularly as a carrier which isn't set up for VDB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.