Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Orbitz Courtesy Cancel Policy with Jetblue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Two days ago, i purchased 2 tickets on orbitz for 2 tickets for jetblue. However, the next day i was upset because i booked it for too long of a flight and wanted lesser days. I called orbitz and they told me i can actually cancel it for free. The flight is jetblue and i read that it cost $100+ per ticket to cancel on website so i thought forget about canceling it. However, person on orbitz said to check if i have the courtesy cancel and yes i did. I cancelled it and then booked another flight after that and its great! I asked them if there were any fees at all and they said no but i said aren't their orbitz cancellation fees for 11.99 each and operator said no. Can someone confirm this?

Also, the thing is right now i feel dumb because i forgot to purchase those tickets on orbitz using fatwallet.com which would have saved me an additional 27 dollars. My question is, would it be fine to make another cancellation? I would be booking the same roundtrip flight again and doing this would save me an additional 27 dollars. But if there is no cancellation fees for orbitz, wouldn't this be fine?

Is it worth the risk to cancel it again?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 4:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The risk you face is if the fare went up. Otherwise Orbitz's policy is theirs to implement as they see fit. It is more generous than buying direct from JetBlue, though you also get fewer TrueBlue points. Your call as to what each option is worth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.