Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Emergency Landing [B6 577 SWF-MCO 23AUG]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver

A splendid job by the pilot, getting the bird down safely.

This was B6 577 (SWF-MCO) operated by E-190 tail number N238JB.

I happened to be at SWF this evening and watched this bird on its arrival flight from MCO.

"A Jetblue airliner with 95 people aboard has landed safely at Orlando International Airport after experiencing a mechanical problem tonight.

Emergency crews were waiting when Flight 577 arrived just after 10 p.m. According to Jetblue, the captain declared an emergency due to the loss of hydraulics to two of its four brakes..

Plans were to inspect the plane and tow it to the gate, an airlines spokesperson said."

http://tinyurl.com/3q57a5b
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:18 pm

Hurray for a safe landing!!! Sometimes, the pilots just don't get the recognition they deserve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.