Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Why can't I book beyond September 9th?

Old Aug 5, 11, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Plat Marriott

Something is wrong with me or the website!

I put in RT from SMF to IAD, departing on October 21, returning on November 10th.

I get "Whoops!!! Blah, blah, blah...." Nodda, nothing. I move the cursor back (I'm wondering if this is even a route) a few weeks and the last date I see that Jetblue flies to IAD from SMF is September 9th.

Returning, same thing...the last day I see a fare shown from IAD to SMF is October 6th!

WTH? I called Jetblue and she said it's probably my internet provider. I tell her it can't be my internet provider if I can book the flight I want on September 9/October 6th!!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me why I would get "Whoops....with absolutely no $$ or flight times available" when the flight schedules are out through April 2012?

Thanks.....

Dawn
Old Aug 5, 11, 11:20 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
works for me

I am using IE 9 and I see flights on both days (changing planes in LGB).
Old Aug 5, 11, 11:24 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bmg42000 View Post
I am using IE 9 and I see flights on both days (changing planes in LGB).
Me too.
Old Aug 5, 11, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booking on JetBlue.com, a one-way, no flights available on November 10th, IAD -> SMF (using FF or IE9, though it really can't be a browser issue).

Booking on Expedia.com, there's one option with a 6h+ connection through LGB: flights 305/262.
Old Aug 5, 11, 12:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nerd View Post
Booking on JetBlue.com, a one-way, no flights available on November 10th, IAD -> SMF (using FF or IE9, though it really can't be a browser issue).

Booking on Expedia.com, there's one option with a 6h+ connection through LGB: flights 305/262.
Is it pricing as IAD-SMF or IAD-LGB + LGB-SMF? I'm guessing the latter. Expedia (or other engines) will build the fares that way while jetblue.com will generally require you to select a multi-segment itinerary to build like that if there is a connection greater than 4 hours.
Old Aug 5, 11, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by nerd View Post

Looks like you could take B6 Flight 305 from IAD to LGB, or Flight 1304/1308 to JFK. From there you'd either take Flight 262, 264, or 266 (if coming from LGB), or 171 from JFK.

Does that help at all? Maybe you could call JB directly?
Old Aug 5, 11, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Is it pricing as IAD-SMF or IAD-LGB + LGB-SMF? I'm guessing the latter.
I believe you're correct.

I can't see the full pricing breakdown on Expedia (it's too long), but what I can see are fare rules/booking class for an initial IAD-LBG segment.
Old Aug 5, 11, 3:08 pm

Code:
Fare (A1): 	B6 WASLGB OH14QF2S fare (rules) ,  psgr type ADT 	$149.00
Fare (B1): 	B6 LGBSMF SL21AS4U fare (rules) ,  psgr type ADT 	$63.00
Tax: 	US September 11th Security Fee 	$5.00
Tax: 	US Passenger Facility Charge 	$9.00
Total for 1 adult passenger: 	$226.00
It is a multi-segment trip. jetblue.com will let you book it if you query it as such.
Old Aug 5, 11, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Plat Marriott
I'm confused....

I've been booking flights for over 20+...I've never heard of such a thing. I know what a multi-segment flight is, but I've never had to book it separately!

I did call JetBlue to verify they had flights to IAD then (thought maybe they were going to stop flying there!)...she assured me they did and that there was something wrong with my browser.

If I book it separately, won't I have to pay for another flight? I know the one I want, and I suppose I will have to get it on expedia....but I think that is very, very, odd and I've never even seen such a thing before.

Display: Only nonstop flights Fares in: Dollars TrueBlue Points

A Departing flight: Sacramento, CA (SMF) to Washington, DC/Dulles (IAD)
*Prices displayed are oneway per person and do not include taxes and fees.

You must select an airport above to see flight results !
Prev 7 Tue 10/18
N/A

Wed 10/19
N/A

Thu 10/20
N/A

Friday Oct 21 Sat 10/22
N/A

Sun 10/23
N/A

Mon 10/24
N/A
Next 7
Whoops!
We didn't find any flights that matched your search.

Please review some of the possible reasons below:

1. If this is a new JetBlue city, service may begin at a future date. To see our new city start dates, click here
2. All flights for this day may be sold out.
3. Service for this route may only be available on specific days or may only be seasonal.

You must select an airport above to see flight results !
Prev 7 Mon 11/07
N/A

Tue 11/08
N/A

Wed 11/09
N/A

Thursday Nov 10 Fri 11/11
N/A

Sat 11/12
N/A

Sun 11/13
N/A
Next 7
Whoops!
We didn't find any flights that matched your search.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I don't want to spend an additional $30 just because I can't see it on their website. They really deter you from calling and actually speaking to someone.

I'm going to see if I can find the times I want on a search engine.

Thanks....
Old Aug 6, 11, 1:20 am

Google Chrome solves any and all spurious website issues I've ever had. If something isn't working/as expected on IE9. I fire up Chrome and it always works like a charm.
Old Aug 6, 11, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by kymbakitty View Post
I've been booking flights for over 20+...I've never heard of such a thing. I know what a multi-segment flight is, but I've never had to book it separately!
Isn't it great to learn something new, even after 20 years?

Most domestic tickets have a fare break if any connection is greater than four hours. Some carriers let it be 4 hours or the next available flight and some do not. B6 does not. So where there is not an onward connection within 4 hours they won't permit the routing.

On top of that, jetblue.com does not book combined fares natively the way many OTAs (or even other airline sites) do. The net effect of this is that you can either enter the flights as a multi-stop itinerary, book at an OTA or find a different carrier.

I'm not sure what you mean by "paying for another flight" in this context. The fare from A to B is what the price is. Does it really matter to you how they construct the fare versus what the number is at the end of the day?
Old Aug 8, 11, 8:14 pm

You can't book past 10/29 because IAD to SMF does not have a valid connection after that date. There is still a valid connection from SMF to IAD until the end of JetBlue's schedule.