Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

HPN-Bahamas service to lauch Nov. 15th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/JetBlu....html?x=0&.v=1
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! Very nice!! Lets hope those route will done extremely very well. There is no competitions at all. Is that HPN a slot-controlled? Can't have expansion more new route from HPN? B6 has already flies JFK, BOS, MCO, FLL and TPA.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:17 pm

Perhaps if Nassau is successful, Aruba and Bermuda may be added since they're the only other int'l destinations with pre-clearance other than Canada. Domestically, Las Vegas and Sarasota would be good choices too for HPN.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by MrPresident1776
Perhaps if Nassau is successful, Aruba and Bermuda may be added since they're the only other int'l destinations with pre-clearance other than Canada.
Besides DUB and SNN, you mean. But I doubt we'll see JetBlue flying there anytime soon...and certainly not from HPN!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Besides DUB and SNN, you mean. But I doubt we'll see JetBlue flying there anytime soon...and certainly not from HPN!
Right. Only US pre-clearance from Canada, Ireland, Aruba, Bahamas, Bermuda and no one anything else.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
I'm kinda surprised at the timing of this flight. HPN is an absolute zoo between 7 and 9 already, and this will be adding in another flight during that period! -- Though I wonder if B6 will be dropping service to a city, or changing their schedule around to add this flight in during that period.

Tomorrow's schedule has 12 flights departing HPN during the 2 hour window of 7:00am-9:00am. This may seem like nothing for a seasoned hub traveler, but anyone who's waited for a flight at HPN will know that the waiting area at HPN is but the size of three typical-sized gates, and seating is at an absolute premium.

There's no doubt these flights will do well out of HPN, because of its ease of use, and location in the wealthy Westchester/Fairfield/Even Northern NJ market, but I hope people can find a seat to wait for these flights!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by N830MH
B6 has already flies JFK, BOS, MCO, FLL and TPA.
Please check your facts before posting.

B6 serves the following cities from HPN:

FLL, RSW, MCO, TPA, PBI

B6 does NOT service the following cities from HPN:

BOS, JFK

Should you wish to get to BOS from HPN, a one-stop TSA-Free Flight on 9K would be your best bet.

As for JFK... B6 will get you there the cheapest (though, with a connection in MCO!)
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver
Originally Posted by kwildnj
I'm kinda surprised at the timing of this flight. HPN is an absolute zoo between 7 and 9 already, and this will be adding in another flight during that period! -- Though I wonder if B6 will be dropping service to a city, or changing their schedule around to add this flight in during that period.

Tomorrow's schedule has 12 flights departing HPN during the 2 hour window of 7:00am-9:00am. This may seem like nothing for a seasoned hub traveler, but anyone who's waited for a flight at HPN will know that the waiting area at HPN is but the size of three typical-sized gates, and seating is at an absolute premium.

There's no doubt these flights will do well out of HPN, because of its ease of use, and location in the wealthy Westchester/Fairfield/Even Northern NJ market, but I hope people can find a seat to wait for these flights!
The really need to do something with the seating area at HPN. I think calling it a zoo is being kind. I imagine the local community would block any sort of construction on the site. This place needs some serious updating. I love flying out of there though because its alot easier to get to than JFK, LGA or BDL.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by nickfromct
The really need to do something with the seating area at HPN. I think calling it a zoo is being kind. I imagine the local community would block any sort of construction on the site. This place needs some serious updating. I love flying out of there though because its alot easier to get to than JFK, LGA or BDL.
Nick, I live in Westchester and I pay extra just to fly from HPN. I don't see why they don't push the waiting area out towards the tarmac. It seems there is space to fit a 757 on there but only A320's and E190's are ever around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.