Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue JFK Terminal 5 Any lounges?

Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Is there any Lounge that i can use with my AMEX platinum card at Jetblue JFK Terminal 5?

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
No there aren't. In fact, there aren't any lounges in terminal 5 at all since Jetblue doesn't have a business class cabin.

You could go to Terminal 4 landside and there are 3 lounges that you can use with Priority Pass (which comes with your Platinum card) - 'The Lounge', 'The Oasis', and Swiss business class lounge.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chewy3
No there aren't. In fact, there aren't any lounges in terminal 5 at all since Jetblue doesn't have a business class cabin.

You could go to Terminal 4 landside and there are 3 lounges that you can use with Priority Pass (which comes with your Platinum card) - 'The Lounge', 'The Oasis', and Swiss business class lounge.
Yep, it's a short walk to T4. From T5 baggage claim, make a left and there's a sidewalk.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

While the answers above are absolutely correct I'll also toss out there that it may depend on why you are looking for a lounge as to whether you need one or not. There is free wifi terminal-wide, for example, in T5 so if you're looking for that you won't need a lounge. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a quiet corner to get some work done, T5 is almost certainly not your best choice.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Don't know if I should open up a new topic for this but found this post and it was related to what I was going to ask.

Is there a website that shows the lounges available for those who has Priority Pass Select (came with AMEX Platinum card)? I checked the Priority Pass website and don't know if those are the same lounges that were mentioned earlier in this topic. T1 (KAL Business Lounge) and T7 (United Club) only allows access if you have a flight in that terminal. T4 seems to be my only option. I'm still not familiar with JFK yet, but from the terminal map, it looks like they are next to each other. How far is the walk from T4 back to T5?

On the AMEX terms and conditions, I remember seeing that Priority Pass Select members can enter those select lounges but can NOT bring anyone with them unless they pay $27 each. But on the PP website it says you can bring up to 2 people if room is available. Is that perhaps for higher PP members?

Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:31 pm

Yes, the lounges in T4 are the only viable option. And, yes, you will pay $27 per guest.

Never walked it but it is only a couple minutes on the AirTrain.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:11 pm

Thanks. I'll probably take a stroll there this weekend before my flight to see how it is.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:56 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I have a priority pass membership but I land at T7 at 06:00 and have a flight from T5 at 07:50 so doubt there is any point in trying to use the lounges in t4.

am i right?
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
am i right?
Yes.

You could probably get 20 minutes in the lounge if you wanted to grab a quick shower but it would be tight and depend on everything working just so. You could be in T4 by 6:25 or so and leave T4 at 7 and still make your flight. Or you could get stuck in line at security (T5, despite having a ton of machines installed, doesn't actually use many of them at any given time making for longer waits than necessary IME) and miss your flight.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:17 pm

Too many people in T4 when I was there last weekend (to get my Global Entry Pass ). Didn't even see any signs posted on where it might be. The walk from T4 to T5 wasn't so bad though (5 minutes maybe if you walk at a good pace). You can also take the air train.

The security lines for JetBlue aren't that bad actually compared to my flights with Delta. But if you are still worried you won't have enough time and want to avoid the longer line, you buy a even more space seat. I usually get this for an extra $15 only and get priority security check-in line.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:51 am
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Originally Posted by stark4
Is there any Lounge that i can use with my AMEX platinum card at Jetblue JFK Terminal 5?

Thanks
We're pleased to announce that there will be a lounge in T5 in May 2013.

Press release here:
http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...be-1761291.htm

This is the entry foyer:
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:53 pm

So interesting that anyone would be putting a lounge in such a space- wonder when JetBlue is going to consider such, especially considering VX put one in LAX at this point.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by grt2106
So interesting that anyone would be putting a lounge in such a space- wonder when JetBlue is going to consider such, especially considering VX put one in LAX at this point.
I think it has more to do with the EI (and maybe HI) service than JetBlue wanting it there. But as T5i is finished and the opportunity to bring more international partners in becomes real it wouldn't surprise me to see that some other airlines consider the lounge a must-have in the terminal.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:39 am

Any idea what the access possibilities will be for the t-5 lounge?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by lkar
Any idea what the access possibilities will be for the t-5 lounge?
Paying at the door.

Other Airspace lounges have partnered with AmEx but no idea if this one will; I'd bet yes.

I will also bet that EI premium cabin passengers will get it comp'd. Maybe HA, too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.