Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

What to do with 5,550 B6 TrueBlue Points

Old Jul 27, 11, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MP 1P, QF Silver, WN CP, HH Diamond, PC Spire, SBUX Gold

I'm surprise this has not been brought up. Since I did the B6 AYCJ last year and they're not doing it again this year, I'm now left with 5,550 B6 Trueblue points (got a few bonus pts from community participation), I imagine there would be a lot of people in my boat and have only enough points for a one-way BOS-JFK or LGB-LAS flight.

I do not see B6 offering any other redemption options besides flights and since points only extend via Amex card or flights, am I SOL?
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can fly on B6 to extend them, redeem for one of those ~$49 flights or watch them expire. Not really any other choices. Even buying more points doesn't extend the expiry.
Old Jul 29, 11, 12:47 pm

They are not doing AYCJ but they are offering a "Bluepass" for Boston All Destinations, Boston Select and Long Beach Select Destinations.

www.jetblue.com/bluepass/

Haven't been able to determine whether it is a good value or not considering that we will need to pay taxes on ALL fares including domestic. Whereas, last year, only international taxes were required.