B6 to selling 11 E190

Old Jul 27, 11, 5:46 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Posts: 34,648
B6 to selling 11 E190

This is very sad news to hear. Unfortunately, B6 will have to selling 11 E190 aircaft to a third party but, we are unsure for which airlines will take E190. So here the link:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...l%2011%20E190s

JetBlue Airways has reached an agreement in principle to sell 11 of the 12 Embraer 190 aircraft it was scheduled to receive in 2013 and 2014 to a “third party” that the carrier would not identify.
Perhaps, DL will take E90 or Republic/Frontier will take E90. Whether who will have a decide to acquire E190 aircraft.
N830MH is offline  
Old Jul 27, 11, 9:34 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 145
Saw this coming
http://windsorbrokersltd.com/en/cont...et-reliability
jj1987 is offline  
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:30 am
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,198
Originally Posted by jj1987 View Post
That article is from 2009. Hardly current.

It isn't much of a surprise given the announcements during the Paris Air Show indicating they were cutting the E90 options and that they are looking for larger aircraft in some markets.

It is too bad as I really like flying on the E90, but such is life.
sbm12 is offline  
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:47 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Posts: 34,648
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
That article is from 2009. Hardly current.

It isn't much of a surprise given the announcements during the Paris Air Show indicating they were cutting the E90 options and that they are looking for larger aircraft in some markets.

It is too bad as I really like flying on the E90, but such is life.
I think they are looking for better aircraft and better technology. Can B6 will have a consider to orders some MRJ or CRJ700 aircraft? Why they don't have to orders some E75 or E70 aircraft is a right size.
N830MH is offline  
Old Jul 28, 11, 8:08 am
  #5  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 69,198


They're getting larger aircraft, not smaller ones. Why in the world would they look at 70 seat planes??
sbm12 is offline  
Old Jul 28, 11, 10:28 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,496
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post


They're getting larger aircraft, not smaller ones. Why in the world would they look at 70 seat planes??
If they paid typical 70 seat wages then it would make a ton of sense to look at 70 seats for the short haul network.
audio-nut is offline  
Old Jul 29, 11, 10:22 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: new york
Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Posts: 964
70 seat planes

Originally Posted by audio-nut View Post
If they paid typical 70 seat wages then it would make a ton of sense to look at 70 seats for the short haul network.
With 70 seat planes you would need a minimum of 2 FA's (sames as the 100 seat planes) . Without the revenue for the extra 30 passengers it would not make sense to do .
bmg42000 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: