Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue boarding pass gets you a free train ride (Burbank)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat

Pretty good idea ^

Passengers must present a printed boarding pass for a same-day flight in order to get their free Metrolink ride to or from the airport. The promotion is valid until the end of the year.
I'm not sure if this is only limited to the Metrolink Ventura line (which serves BUR). I would imagine it works on the entire Metrolink system.

http://laist.com/2011/06/08/your_jet...gets_you_a.php

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/sched...ml.php?id=1085
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:47 pm

Looks like I need to use JetBlue more. I already take the metrolink from Simi Valley to Burbank.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Too bad there isn't a simular deal with the MTA in NYC...
Old Jun 17, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Too bad there isn't a simular deal with the MTA in NYC...
With NYC at least, you can have an all-in of $7.75 anywhere (within NYC) if you're willing to take the E.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

$7.25 with MetroCard.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
Originally Posted by bzcat

I'm not sure if this is only limited to the Metrolink Ventura line (which serves BUR). I would imagine it works on the entire Metrolink system.
I don't know, I'd imagine it'd be a tough sell on one of the other lines, unless conductors have been briefed on this across the system.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
I don't know, I'd imagine it'd be a tough sell on one of the other lines, unless conductors have been briefed on this across the system.
It's been confirmed by several local media outlets that same-day boarding pass on JetBlue out of BUR is valid for travel on Metrolink system-wide. However, this does not give you free transfers to Metro rail, Metro bus, or Muni bus (whereas a Metrolink ticket offers free unlimited rides on Metro and most Muni buses).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.