Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue Price Drop Credit Question

Jetblue Price Drop Credit Question

Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JCK75
Select "change this flight" and then select the same flight. You will need to reselect your seat, but you will be credited for the fare difference.
Thanks. I'll try next time. I just called and had the TA do the work.
Old May 28, 2012, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by JCK75
Thanks for the info. I did not realize this.

Fortunately, I haven't had to do this recently, but I will keep this in mind for future reference.
In response to my own post, I just called up JetBlue and the representative was able to do this, i.e., cancel a round trip booked as two one-ways and only charge a single change fee of $100.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:13 pm

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to thank all of you for posting about this. Today I saw that JetBlue was selling a ticket I had bought (with points) for less and called customer service. After a 10 minute wait, I was able to speak to someone who quickly credited the lesser points back to me. They sent me a new confirmation # but nothing (like seat) changed. It was pretty painless, other than the short wait to speak to a rep.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:52 pm

Worked like a charm. Went online and rebooked. Got my $34 credit. Nice.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Question about the price drop - I booked four tickets for my family and the price of our tickets have gone down by $20 each - if I rebook at the lower price is the $80 credit available for use by me or is it $20 per passenger?

Thanks
B.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
It should all go to the passenger who booked the tickets. That's how it's always worked for me.

If there are service credits (TV not working, delays, etc) they go separately to each passenger I believe.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by zutalors
Question about the price drop - I booked four tickets for my family and the price of our tickets have gone down by $20 each - if I rebook at the lower price is the $80 credit available for use by me or is it $20 per passenger?

Thanks
B.
Last week when I rebooked for my DH and myself the credits went to my acct. I booked the original tickets using a credit from my last flight price drop.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
Very Positive and Great Customer Service

Well I made a points booking, did a transfer from Amex when they had the bonus a while back.
54k points for flights JFK AUA 2 people.
Just saw tonight it had dropped to 40k
Called and 10 minutes later rebooked and points are on my account.

Both CSR's were great helpful and didn't even question the process.
Also if its booked with points the true blue line must do the work but the first CSR has to set up a credit account for the refund of taxes that will be used when repurchasing at the lower point value.

I knew there was a reason to like jet blue.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Apologies in advance for this noob question, I haven't flown JB in over 5 years.

You don't have to pay the $100 rebooking/cancellation fee when you change your flight? I assume that would eat up most of the credit.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:26 am

You only get the change fee waived if you re-book for the exact same flight(s). In that case, you're getting the price-drop credit, but in order to accomplish it online, simply proceed as if you are changing your booking, but just selects the exact same flight(s) that you are booked on. You'll have to change seats (as "you" are occupying your current seats) but you can change back as soon as you're done getting your credit.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:30 am

Strangely, with today's sale fare offerings (10/02 only), their website seems to be having problems with the price drop credit. I've tried a few times to rebook an existing reservation, but getting error messages each time. Anyone ever known certain fare sales to be excluded from the price drop credit?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by octr202
Strangely, with today's sale fare offerings (10/02 only), their website seems to be having problems with the price drop credit. I've tried a few times to rebook an existing reservation, but getting error messages each time. Anyone ever known certain fare sales to be excluded from the price drop credit?
I've had the same problem in the past. If the price drop > than the loss in point value for booking over the phone, I would call.

I suspect this is done on purpose.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
I had the same issue with today's one day sale. I called and the agent was able to give me $83 in credit!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by tatia
I had the same issue with today's one day sale. I called and the agent was able to give me $83 in credit!
You're lucky. I saw what would have been a $79 credit on a BOS-SEA flight next month disappear before I could get time to call. :-/
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:17 pm
Suspended

I had the same problem last week. After two attempts, I called had a supervisor process the credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.