Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue Price Drop Credit Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
There is a hassle factor involved in that, when the reticketing occurs, the computer reads it as being booked over the phone instead of over the internet and thus only 3 points per dollar posts instead of 6 points. You have to call and have them manually posted. Then for the go big bonuses, the computer does not read any of the manually posted points so again at the end of the year you have to call and get any go big bonuses posted that the computer missed because it short counts the points throughout the year.

I am going through this now and the true blue agents are completely clueless--not even able to figure out when my year starts and ends and each agent comes up with a different total for the year. My issue is still not resolved after calls with two different agents and three e-mails. Had I known that such a simple issue would take so long for the trueblue people to figure out, the few extra dollars I saved would have been better donated to jetBlue.

The agents I have dealt with have been nice but completely clueless.

---

My issue has now been resolved. Hopefully with everybody on the same calendar year, this confusion in counting go big points can be avoided in the future.

Last edited by sfozrhfco; Jan 3, 2012 at 6:10 pm
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
There is a hassle factor involved in that, when the reticketing occurs, the computer reads it as being booked over the phone instead of over the internet and thus only 3 points per dollar posts instead of 6 points. You have to call and have them manually posted. Then for the go big bonuses, the computer does not read any of the manually posted points so again at the end of the year you have to call and get any go big bonuses posted that the computer missed because it short counts the points throughout the year.

I am going through this now and the true blue agents are completely clueless--not even able to figure out when my year starts and ends and each agent comes up with a different total for the year. My issue is still not resolved after calls with two different agents and three e-mails. Had I known that such a simple issue would take so long for the trueblue people to figure out, the few extra dollars I saved would have been better donated to jetBlue.

The agents I have dealt with have been nice but completely clueless.

---

My issue has now been resolved. Hopefully with everybody on the same calendar year, this confusion in counting go big points can be avoided in the future.
Yup. This is why I always rebook online. I can't spend time on the phone chasing down a handful of points.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Thanks for the tip! Just rebooked one of my flights and the online change went through perfectly Before, it was not possible to rebook the lower fare online. Nice to see that it is working.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:05 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Thanks to the info here on Flyertalk, I just did this for the first time for upcoming BOS-BWI flights next month. Just to clear up a couple things relative to prior posts, in my case the outbound flights had dropped $26, but the inbound had gone up $15, so the amount was not that great. However, when I made the change online, I was able to change only the outbound flight, and it credited me for the full difference on the outbound leg without re-pricing the return trip. A pleasant surprise indeed, as with taxes, etc. a $22 voucher turned into a $62 ($31 per passenger). So at least in this case, no call needed, and no need to worry about what the other half of a round trip has increased to since original booking. Hope this can help someone going forward.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
rebooking on line

Originally Posted by octr202
Thanks to the info here on Flyertalk, I just did this for the first time for upcoming BOS-BWI flights next month. Just to clear up a couple things relative to prior posts, in my case the outbound flights had dropped $26, but the inbound had gone up $15, so the amount was not that great. However, when I made the change online, I was able to change only the outbound flight, and it credited me for the full difference on the outbound leg without re-pricing the return trip. A pleasant surprise indeed, as with taxes, etc. a $22 voucher turned into a $62 ($31 per passenger). So at least in this case, no call needed, and no need to worry about what the other half of a round trip has increased to since original booking. Hope this can help someone going forward.
I did it the other day and it was very easy. I like this feature.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Originally Posted by JCK75
You have to do the whole reservation. This is why I always book each one-way separately. It's not uncommon for one leg to drop in price while the other increases, thus preventing you from getting a credit.

The downside of my approach is two-fold: (1) If you cancel your trip, you need to pay two $100 change fees and (2) your return flight won't be "protected" if you miss your outbound through no fault of your own, e.g., if the outbound flight is cancelled.

My experience is that the savings from booking each one-way separately are worth it, despite these downsides. I suppose if you regularly cancel or change your reservations, you might come to a different conclusion.
Actually, you don't. It's entirely possible to honor the lower fare on just one segment of the flight in Sabre.

If you cancel your trip, and you don't want to pay two cancel fees, ask the rep to contact a supervisor. Waiving the fee for the return portion of two separately booked one ways is actually standard practice. No need to pay twice.

And again, for your other point: ask them to get a supe on the line. If it's clear it's your return trip, they're happy to change that one (or cancel w/o fee or whatever the IROP case may be). Frontline res cannot do it, but any supe can. (And nearly always will, as long as it's pretty obvious its the return portion of a trip... i.e. same city pairs, booked at approximately the same time, same customers, etc.)
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by LiaJB
Actually, you don't. It's entirely possible to honor the lower fare on just one segment of the flight in Sabre.

If you cancel your trip, and you don't want to pay two cancel fees, ask the rep to contact a supervisor. Waiving the fee for the return portion of two separately booked one ways is actually standard practice. No need to pay twice.

And again, for your other point: ask them to get a supe on the line. If it's clear it's your return trip, they're happy to change that one (or cancel w/o fee or whatever the IROP case may be). Frontline res cannot do it, but any supe can. (And nearly always will, as long as it's pretty obvious its the return portion of a trip... i.e. same city pairs, booked at approximately the same time, same customers, etc.)
Thanks for the info. I did not realize this.

Fortunately, I haven't had to do this recently, but I will keep this in mind for future reference.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Just rebooked one of my flights and the online change went through perfectly Before, it was not possible to rebook the lower fare online. Nice to see that it is working.

How does that work? I did not know you could re-fare your trip online and give yourself a travel bank credit.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:58 am

Yes this works, I did it for two segments of two domestic RT commuter flights home. It would be nice if someone developed a web site that tells me when the prices drops based on my inputted flight data, sort of like flightmemory.com. (but need a $ comparison feature), or better, B6 informs you the price dropped. Right now I use Excel to track segment prices. I haven't found a good online site to log my simple direct commuter flight details yet. Plus, I also use US Airways sometimes.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbianco
Yes this works, I did it for two segments of two domestic RT commuter flights home. It would be nice if someone developed a web site that tells me when the prices drops based on my inputted flight data, sort of like flightmemory.com. (but need a $ comparison feature), or better, B6 informs you the price dropped. Right now I use Excel to track segment prices. I haven't found a good online site to log my simple direct commuter flight details yet. Plus, I also use US Airways sometimes.
Yapta.com
Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:24 pm

Thanks dieuwer2, I've added my Logan home flights from RIC

Last edited by sbianco; Mar 12, 2012 at 4:54 am
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by JCK75
This is why I always book each one-way separately. It's not uncommon for one leg to drop in price while the other increases, thus preventing you from getting a credit.
Be very careful doing this during the winter or summer. There are times when airlines cancel flights for 2-3 days, and the return leg might not fall into that window. You could end up eating the cost of a 1 way ticket.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieuwer2

How does that work? I did not know you could re-fare your trip online and give yourself a travel bank credit.
Anyone?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
You have go into your itin and select change, which you are essentially just reselected the same flight, the system prices everything out and presto, you see a credit, make sure you follow the booking all the way through and select a seat.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Anyone?
Select "change this flight" and then select the same flight. You will need to reselect your seat, but you will be credited for the fare difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.