BDL-SJU coming in January 2012

Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

BDL-SJU coming in January 2012

http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....839&highlight=

JetBlue is having fun picking up the pieces of AA's abandonment of SJU.

Should be a great route to pick up on AYCJ 2012.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Our Director of Route Planning has gone on record saying that there are more destinations and frequencies that will be added from SJU. Apparently we are working with the Airport to secure the proper infrastructure to support our growth there
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! I didn't see it coming. Hope B6 will very successful nonstop BDL-SJU. Is that AA will be abandon those routes? What is exactly gonna do for now? B6 will freeing up some A320 to flying somewhere else. I think it will be done extremely performance very well. Is that those routes will becomes goes for year-round long?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

I have to wonder about fleet utilization on this one asi didn't see the schedule for the flights in the announcement. If they do a "normal" daytime flight both directions they are basically going to be dedicating a 320 to the route with very little flexibility. I wonder if this portends additional route(s) ex-BDL with a 320 or possibly something like a late night northbound and an early morning southbound to cycle the aircraft back in to other routes from SJU.

I suppose we'll all find out soon enough.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Schedule announced and it make a lot of sense (no real surprise there).

BDL-SJU: 7:55 a.m. - 12:40 p.m.
SJU-BDL: 6:35 p.m. - 9:35 p.m.

Plenty of time in the middle of the day for the plane to have good utilization ex-SJU and also great for folks looking to make the most of their vacation time in Puerto Rico.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
Schedule announced and it make a lot of sense (no real surprise there).

BDL-SJU: 7:55 a.m. - 12:40 p.m.
SJU-BDL: 6:35 p.m. - 9:35 p.m.

Plenty of time in the middle of the day for the plane to have good utilization ex-SJU and also great for folks looking to make the most of their vacation time in Puerto Rico.
Is that almost 8am in the morning? That is very early flight. Why can't have a flexibility schedule?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by N830MH
Is that almost 8am in the morning? That is very early flight. Why can't have a flexibility schedule?
These are great flight times. Leisure travelers are willing to do an early-morning wakeup for cost and convenience, and I think you'll see a lot of retirees and families with young children gravitating toward a flight that saves them a connection. This isn't 6 a.m.; living in Hartford, one could reasonably be up at 6 (cutting it a little close, but this is BDL) and make the flight without luggage, or up at 5:30 with.

More importantly, as sbm12 mentioned, these times allow vacationers to make cruise ships or connections within the Caribbean. And you're not arriving at your hotel just in time for dinner and early winter night, or waking up at dawn to salvage the last day of your vacation. That alone probably means a nice premium for JetBlue.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by N830MH
I would never define 8AM as "very early". Very early would be anything that has wheels up before the sun is up.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ezefllying
More importantly, as sbm12 mentioned, these times allow vacationers to make cruise ships or connections within the Caribbean. And you're not arriving at your hotel just in time for dinner and early winter night, or waking up at dawn to salvage the last day of your vacation. That alone probably means a nice premium for JetBlue.
Right. The room is not ready in between 3 or 4pm. When the customers will arrived at the hotel. Front desk will tell you when the room is ready. If the housekeeping who already done clean the room. She will tell you when the room is ready to go. They will allowed you take up to the room and enjoy your stay.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 5:54 pm
Suspended

From BOS there is a similar early morning flight to SJU. Have been pondering of taking that flight for my vacation to Puerto Rico. Problem is that in order for me to arrive at the airport at least one hour before departure I almost certainly have to take an expensive cab ride ($40) because the T does not run that early on weekends. That negates the "savings" of arriving early afternoon in SJU.
Remember, not everyone lives walking distance from the airport!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.