Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Its time David Neeleman comes back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 2:05 am
Original Poster

As a valuable customer that has flown with jetblue since 2002. I loved this airline you can see the passion the excitment evey time you use to fly with jetblue , and a lot of customer's that have flown since jetblue was born can say the same . Jetblue founder David Neeleman had a vision that vision was a real one to treat employees with respect so they can treat us cusomters with respect. People were treated with respect by the employees at b6. They went far out and beyond. Now everyone that knows the story behind what happen at b6 the day of the ice storm knows it was a mistake. jetblue was not the only airline that left customers stranded that day. But because jetblue was praised by its customers it got most of the bad press. And as a responsible CEO that cares about his company and employees he took care of it and apologized. As you can see December's winter storm was no better in matter of fact I think it was even more worse . Because of the 2007 ice storm incident jetblue lost a valuable person and that was David Neeleman. The creator of the airline, that both customers and employees at B6 once loved. Coming to realize jetblue changed drastically after founder david Neeleman left the company. After 2007 you can see customer service wasnt the same . Back than you use to sent out a speak up message on there website and use to get a reply stating they are truly sorry and will get to the bottom of this issue and they will issue you a credit for future travel . Now to this day you send one and they say " sorry to hear your experience wasnt a good one, hope you keep flying jetblue". Do you see where I am going with this? From what I can see from a really obivious persective and all the times ive flown with jetblue after David neeleman left, that managment has changed drstically there. I over here customer and employess talk of how B6 has changed. Even employees are feeling the pain, there not as excited some are really nasty because managment is nasty back to them so why should they care about US customers. There are becoming a legacy airline, just like american delta us airways. Some of you dont care as long as they have free tv's but when they start charging for that also dont be suprised . As I can see now jetblue is all about money , and everyone that has flown jetblue before 07 can remember it was never about the money , it was about making us customers happy and having a airline to trust . Ladies and gentleman care or not try to see where I am going with this. The steppping down of david Neeleman completely destroyed the company inside and now we are feeling the burden. Lets start speaking up lets get neeleman back where he belongs and see what jetblue truly is for those that didnt get a chance to experience the blue juice I drank 2002, the airline with a smile or that use to help and and hear us customers out. I Will always love jetblue because they were the first airline that brought a smile and cheap fares with awsome customer service back , they made flying so comfortable and it was not the tv or the leather seat it was the customer serivce the atomshpere you use to see when flying jetblue. Back than I would pay 30 dollars more on jetblue because I know I would be treated like a human being but now I see another airline that has a cheaper farer and trust me sometimes other airlines are cheaper, and I go for the other airline that has that cheaper fare, and for those customer's that still think its the same double check and remember how it was from 2000-2007. I'm not saying it's the worse airline but everyday it just gets disappointing. Us as customers should start speaking up and getting somehwere. Even True blue is different. Now its twice as hard to earn a free flight on jetblue. Tv's are frequently broken. employees are mostly nasty. We need Neeleman back just like apple fired steve jobs and rehired him back because the company was getting worse its the same way with jetblue we need Neeleman back.

p.s. googled David Neeleman back to jetblue , guess I am not the only one trying to bring the passion back to jetblue " http://www.google.com/search?sclient...&pbx=1&cad=cbv " Click the first link which says { Bring David Neeleman Back! jetBlue Isn't True Without You | Facebook } and help this person prove a point also "
Old May 25, 2011, 12:26 pm

I thought Neeleman was developing his new airline Azul in his native Brazil. The problem with Neeleman was that investors did not like him. He may actually be a better long term leader but investors demand short term gain.
Old May 25, 2011, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Unfortunately, David Neeleman won't be working for B6. As long as I concerned for David is no longer work for CEO. He just left recently. I don't see it what happening to David.
Old May 26, 2011, 7:48 am
Original Poster

He does have a new airline in brazil . But why can't hey buy Jetblue back, And own it himself ?make it private like azul take control of Jetblue and make it the airline it was before ? .. And the investors made a huge mistake they made of wanted short term success and it made of worked but little by little that short term will be shorter than you would imagine . Barger had been CEO for Jetblue for 4 years now and how's the stock looking like now , barely sometimes goes up to $6. Southwest been here for 40 years they went the Long term success and to this day it's working . If neeleman was still CEO things would be a lot different for b6 and you would be able to tell the difference. You have a caring guy that came from southwest and knows what he's doing comparing to a guy from contential and managers trying to convert Jetblue to a legacy carrier .. But Jetblue was born a low cost carrier .. It was built on the roots of people that came from southwest .. But barger trying to create the next American airlines ..
Old May 26, 2011, 8:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Bluecorp
But why can't hey buy Jetblue back, And own it himself ?
Likely because he does not have $1.73Bn available to him.
Originally Posted by Bluecorp
Southwest been here for 40 years they went the Long term success and to this day it's working . If neeleman was still CEO things would be a lot different for b6 and you would be able to tell the difference. You have a caring guy that came from southwest and knows what he's doing
An enormous amount of Southwest's financial success came from betting big on fuel hedges. Beyond that, Southwest has copied the JetBlue loyalty scheme more or less so it isn't like JetBlue is doing everything wrong.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
To the OP - why are you staying with B6? I too noticed a big difference once Dave was forced out so I left. 90% of my travel was on B6 and I always bought the EML seats (when those came out I thought it was the greatest idea ever).
UNTIL....the bad experiences at B6 added up and I tried out Delta. It's amazing how much better Delta is for a person like me who flies over 200,000 miles per year. The list is endless (see my post earlier today about an issue I had with a lap child on B6 for a list of the perks I get on DL that I don't get on B6).
Sure I don't have a TV on every flight, but I do have internet access. If perchance my flight doesn't have a tv (which is about 20% of the time and when I search for flights it tells me right there whether or not it has a personal tv system - so if it's a big deal for you only select flights with a tv) then I pull out my ipad and watch a move, or work on the net, or search the net etc.
If you fly a lot you should switch to a carrier with an awards program that provides upgrades to first class. I was crazy to not have switched to Delta years ago. For people who don't fly often B6 is just fine but for frequent flyers B6 doesn't work.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Hey,

I am trying different airlines I give up with Jetblue it's a unstabled airline I don't know how they are still getting awards when majority of there customer service is bad .. I am moving on to southwest delta American .. If it comes to flying Jetblue than let it be but it will be my last choice .. I can see the b6 employees are different ever since neeleman left .. I over heard some GAte agent in JFK talking that majority of the time they want to please the customer and help make traveling better but they can't because of the managers or supervisors ..the employees get pulled to the side and get in big trouble when not charging and waiving for things like 2nd bag fee or Even more legroom as what happen towards you .. It looks like there systems keep track of everything the Gate agents do ..so im assuming managers look at that.. I also read pilots are going to be unionize .. If I remember back than neeleeman said no union because we treat our employees good but I guess that changed since David left .. Its sad because I wouldn't mind paying extra buck back than when it was a airline that looked like they cared about us and would pretty much make flying enjoyable and comfortable .. And the reason I know so much about this was because I did a midterm paper on David neeleman for college for being a successful entrepreneur and when doing research seeing and reading his interviews you can tell the passion he had for Jetblue it was like one of his nine kids.. It's sad that people like board of directors in any company can make drastic changes not seeing what that ceo has done in the past years cyou can really see a effect that a CEO that makes the company shine and 1 mistake they do there gone . I miss old B6 and they did make flying fun again for me and my family but that was the neeleeman era .. Now that doesn't exist ..

Last edited by Bluecorp; Jun 5, 2011 at 5:28 pm
Old Jun 5, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
FWIW, I was listening to the shareholders meeting from this year, and Dave Barger spent a good few minutes saying that their customer service has not been where they expect it to be. So I'd expect at least some improvement coming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.