Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

new to JetBlue, baggage interlining query

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection

B6 seem to have a load of interline agreements but I am not sure if these are in the same manner as I understood it.
I am flying B6 EWR-MCO then AA MCO-LAX LAX-LAS these are on different PNRs for the two airlines, is there any way I can get my bags checked through from EWR-LAS across the 2 PNRs?
Old May 15, 2011, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The good news is that JetBluea and American do have an interline agreement. The bad news is that it is unlikely to cover two separate PNRs and the JetBlue employees are quite likely not trained on how to do it since they haven't supported it historically.

I'd try, but I'd also expect it to not work.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:43 pm

Perhaps a better alternative might have been out of ACY direct. Good luck!
Old May 15, 2011, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much, I will ask at EWR but wont hold my breath for a result
the reason for the routing is to get sectors on AA and the Jet Blue is a positioning flight! the whole trip is LHR-EWR-MCO-LAX-LAS-MIA-MCO-PHL-EWR-LHR with PHL being the stop off point for a week but you're right ACY would have been a good alternative to PHL
Old May 16, 2011, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by pinkcat
B6 seem to have a load of interline agreements but I am not sure if these are in the same manner as I understood it.
I am flying B6 EWR-MCO then AA MCO-LAX LAX-LAS these are on different PNRs for the two airlines, is there any way I can get my bags checked through from EWR-LAS across the 2 PNRs?
I cant answer your question, but I just wanted to point out that your issue is with having two tickets not two PNR's. Anytime you you are flying on more then one airline you will have a PNR for each airline. Each airline's reservation system creates a PNR to track your reservation even when you are traveling on one ticket.
Old May 16, 2011, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Aliquot
I cant answer your question, but I just wanted to point out that your issue is with having two tickets not two PNR's. Anytime you you are flying on more then one airline you will have a PNR for each airline. Each airline's reservation system creates a PNR to track your reservation even when you are traveling on one ticket.
A single PNR can contain multiple ticket numbers. And in the case of partners it may be that a single ticket is represented by different PNRs in the different reservations systems but that is not always the case. If they share a common back-end booking system it is likely that they will have the same PNR.

In this case the issue is that they are separate reservations. Many carriers with much more robust interline agreements will not interline bags to even their closest partners on separate reservations.
Old May 16, 2011, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

The problem isnt with JetBlue, they have a very generous carry on allowance, the largest of my entire trip at 26"x18"x12" I can actually get my checked bag on as carry on! But it does seem a bit selfish to do that though as its a flight that is going to MCO and likely to be families needing to carry on kiddy related stuff.

I am looking forward to a flight with a seat back screen, extra legroom and decent coffee as opposed to the sardine can experience on WN and US. Will write a trip report as a first time traveller incase anyone is interested

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.