Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 7:33 am
Original Poster

best price guarantee

Last fall when I traveled I was able to call when the price dropped and get the difference in credit. Is that policy still in effect?
Old May 9, 2011, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yup.
Old May 9, 2011, 9:47 am

How much time do they allow?
Old May 9, 2011, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

So long as it is the same exact flight/date you get any fare difference as a travel bank credit. There is no limit on when you can call in for such a credit.
Old May 9, 2011, 11:29 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
And if it drops again, you can call again and get a credit. And so on and so on.

I got 4 credits for my January BOS-FLL flight
Old May 9, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Took a JFK-AUA a few weeks ago, had paid $1100 a ticket, dropped to roughly $200 a few days before got $900 credit per ticket.
Old May 14, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: M&M
Yup, I have received a total of $108 back for my party of 4's BOS-ORD flights in June.

I would suggest signing up for yapta and using their refund tracking tool. I booked my flights as soon as the timetable was release at the end of last year. I set up my yapta alert straight away and received an email one Saturday a few weeks ago that I was entitled to $108 credit. Called JetBlue, they did it with no problems.

The next day the flight prices were back up again...and now they are more than we actually paid.

^JetBlue and ^Yapta.
Old May 18, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
I need to place a call tomorrow (my luck fares dropped about 2 weeks after I booked - usually when I wait they sky rocket) but I am curious if they will refund TrueBlue points (as I booked with points).
Old May 18, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: TrueBlue
Originally Posted by Smerri
I need to place a call tomorrow (my luck fares dropped about 2 weeks after I booked - usually when I wait they sky rocket) but I am curious if they will refund TrueBlue points (as I booked with points).
Yes, you'll need to be transferred to the True Blue department, but they can honor lower points.
Old May 18, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by LiaJB
Yes, you'll need to be transferred to the True Blue department, but they can honor lower points.
Great. Thanks for the info.
Old May 20, 2011, 1:05 am

FYI, you can get the fare change online, too.

Simply go onto Manage Flights and log in. Next to the flight, click "Change This Flight" and go through the steps, but select the exact same flight you're already booked on. It'll issue you the flight credit automatically.

I have a ~$40 credit that I got piecemeal through 2 or 3 fare drops on my BOS-MCO flight.

(And I'll also add my vote for Yapta. That was how I kept track of the fare drop)

-Rob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.