Wiki Posts
Search

Friday night T5 TSA blues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: US silver, DL exGM, UA ex1K (now GM), B6, WN, AA
Friday night T5 TSA blues

On Friday evening at 730 pm at T5, TSA seemed to intentionally screw up the processing of people arriving for flights. All but 2 screening lanes were closed, and stayed that way for an hour as the backups and missed flights started escalating. Jet Blue tried pulling people with near-time flights to the front of the line, which meant the lines moved backwards for everyone else...
Did someone at Jet Blue piss off a TSA supervisor? Friday night is a busy time every week...
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Maybe the plans to add a priority screening lane there (not officially stated, but we all know it is coming) got someone from TSA mad.

But seriously, I've seen way too many cases of only 2-3 lanes open of the 20 they have. The TSA has apparently decided that we should wait in lines. Doesn't seem to be much the airlines can do about it.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sbm12
Maybe the plans to add a priority screening lane there (not officially stated, but we all know it is coming) got someone from TSA mad.

But seriously, I've seen way too many cases of only 2-3 lanes open of the 20 they have. The TSA has apparently decided that we should wait in lines. Doesn't seem to be much the airlines can do about it.
Where did you hear this? How? How do you figure it out? I wasn't sure if TSA will ever put on priority lanes for AAvantage Miles Elite only. I think TSA need try to beef up to reduced waits time at checkpoints. No more waits for 10 minutes at security.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US silver, DL exGM, UA ex1K (now GM), B6, WN, AA
Just to emphasize...this is a recent change!

I've been on the same routine for a year or so, and the last 2 Fridays have been different than all before them, and not in a good way. If the pattern continues, it will change my routine!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.