B6 Flat Tire Rule?

Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
B6 Flat Tire Rule?

If you miss your flight, what is the B6 policy regarding reaccommodation on the following one?

Thanks.....
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
If you miss your flight, what is the B6 policy regarding reaccommodation on the following one?

Thanks.....
If there is space on the next flight the same day, you can pay a $100 Same Day No Show fee to confirm a seat on it, or you can go standby at no charge.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by caphis
If there is space on the next flight the same day, you can pay a $100 Same Day No Show fee to confirm a seat on it, or you can go standby at no charge.
OK...how about standby on an earlier flight?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:41 pm

OK...how about standby on an earlier flight?
JetBlue lets you standby on one flight earlier or one flight later than the flight you're confirmed on, free of charge, as long as they're on the same day.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
The one flight early/one flight later for free is space available/standby. Additionally, I believe if either of these flights is a connection that counts (even if yours is a nonstop) - it goes by origin to destination and of course must be exact city pair. I know that used to be the case, so make sure that it's a nonstop. As for same day confirmed, I believe that fee is actually $40 or $50.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
The one flight early/one flight later for free is space available/standby. Additionally, I believe if either of these flights is a connection that counts (even if yours is a nonstop) - it goes by origin to destination and of course must be exact city pair. I know that used to be the case, so make sure that it's a nonstop. As for same day confirmed, I believe that fee is actually $40 or $50.
Same day change (made before departure) is $40. Missing one's flight results in a Same Day No Show ($100).
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:29 pm

Programs: TrueBlue
Originally Posted by caphis
JetBlue lets you standby on one flight earlier or one flight later than the flight you're confirmed on, free of charge, as long as they're on the same day.
AskBlue says revenue standby is one flight before scheduled departure only, unless you're scheduled on the first flight in the morning, at which point revenue standby will be for flight afterwards.

Same day change is prior to departure, $40 fee, you can also choose colocated cities like JFK/EWR/LGA or FLL/PBI.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LiaJB
AskBlue says revenue standby is one flight before scheduled departure only, unless you're scheduled on the first flight in the morning, at which point revenue standby will be for flight afterwards.

Same day change is prior to departure, $40 fee, you can also choose colocated cities like JFK/EWR/LGA or FLL/PBI.
"Revenue standby" suggests a fee. Is it free to standby on the previous flight, or not?

Thanks...
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:34 pm

"Revenue standby" suggests a fee. Is it free to standby on the previous flight, or not?

Thanks...
No, "revenue standby" refers to the fact that you are a paying customer traveling standby, as opposed to an employee. There is no fee.

Originally Posted by LiaJB
I believe that refers to customers who voluntarily request to standby before departure of their original flight. In cases of missed flights/no shows, a customer must contact JetBlue within two hours after the departure of their original flight, and the Customer is allowed to travel standby on the next available flight as long as they have contacted JetBlue within the two hours.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC, A3 Blue (*A Silver), HHonors Gold
If you're lucky though, agents have the discretion to assign a confirmed seat for free instead of a standby on a later flight when there's a lot of space available.

I missed a flight from BTV and was panicking when I got to the B6 desk, and the agent said, "Oh no! I'm so sorry, but I have some bad news..." [Oh no. This is going to cost me $$$.] "... it's five hours until the next flight. Here's your new boarding pass."

That flight was very empty though. It was an A320 and I was in row 6. They let me move up to the EML seats in row 5, where I had all three seats to myself. That was nice. With 38" of legroom, being able to put my drink on the tray next to me instead of in front, being able to see the map and watch TV at the same time, and with no one immediately in front, next to or behind me, I couldn't help but think that it beat a lot of airlines' domestic first class. Too bad I was only on the plane for 90 minutes!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.