Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Proformance of dots not connected to JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors

RIC, BWI, BOG are three dots (and soon coming ANC) that are of size that don't have a straight dot to JFK. Does anyone know how these stations are actually doing? Are they gunna just stay there or are they proving that dots can be sustained on B6's map without a direct link to JFK?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Kind of a strangely-worded post. Can you clarify what you mean by "dots of size"?

It's possible that they are gunna stay there and prove that dots can be sustained without a direct link to JFK (you said or, which doesn't really make sense.)

In the case of BOG, they don't have the right to fly to anywhere other than Orlando, right?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Originally Posted by nerd
Kind of a strangely-worded post. Can you clarify what you mean by "dots of size"?

It's possible that they are gunna stay there and prove that dots can be sustained without a direct link to JFK (you said or, which doesn't really make sense.)

In the case of BOG, they don't have the right to fly to anywhere other than Orlando, right?
I don't think the A320 can do a JFK-BOG without a stop even if they had the rights .
Old Mar 6, 2011, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmg42000
I don't think the A320 can do a JFK-BOG without a stop even if they had the rights .
BOG is 100 miles closer than the Bay Area, and you don't get nasty headwinds. But you think it's not possible?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by nerd
BOG is 100 miles closer than the Bay Area, and you don't get nasty headwinds. But you think it's not possible?
BOG is also about 8,300 feet above sea level, which is a huge consideration if you have a fully loaded A320 headed out for a 2400 mile trip. It may be doable, but if weather conditions or headwinds cause problems and you have to divert somewhere, it doesn't help that you only serve one city on the entire continent.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I am curious to know how well JetBlue at RIC (my home airport) is doing with service only to BOS, MCO and FLL. The loss of the JFK flights last November means that there are very few connections, all O&D except for Caribbean destinations through MCO/FLL and out-of-the-way connections through BOS. MCO and FLL always seem to be popular leisure destinations from RIC, though, especially this time of year. BOS is head-to-head with 2 daily RJs on US Airways, which has a loyal frequent flyer base here.

B6 was squeezed at both ends with RIC-JFK, no doubt. Business travelers prefer LGA and more frequent flights, so they tend to fly RIC-LGA on US; leisure travelers have the option of a 6-7 hour drive up I-95; Amtrak; or Greyhound & Chinatown buses. (I usually drive to the NYC area when I need a car there, since rental car prices are so exorbitant there, and the door-to-door time isn't a whole lot faster by air when you count security wait times and all).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.