Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jet Blue Amex - Points for threatening to cancel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone received points for telling Amex they want to cancel their jetBlue card?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
Pardon me asking but wouldn't that be a bad business practice to just offer some points to a customer threatening to cancel their card? Maybe interest free or waiving the annual fee, that I could understand. Is it common for other airline rewards programs to honor customers threatening to cancel their cards with points or miles?
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBLU421NYC
Pardon me asking but wouldn't that be a bad business practice to just offer some points to a customer threatening to cancel their card? Maybe interest free or waiving the annual fee, that I could understand. Is it common for other airline rewards programs to honor customers threatening to cancel their cards with points or miles?
I've had it happen before with other credit cards (airline and regular cash back). They buy the miles so cheap, they would prefer to give you some free miles if you end up paying the annual fee.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by jrbb1234
Has anyone received points for telling Amex they want to cancel their jetBlue card?
Old thread but here's a data point for anybody interested. I've been a Jetblue Amex holder since 2007 and just called to cancel the card because I didn't want to pay the annual fee. The CSR did it instantly without even trying to make an offer. maybe I would've had better luck if I tried to ask for a waiver first. oh well.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pongben
Old thread but here's a data point for anybody interested. I've been a Jetblue Amex holder since 2007 and just called to cancel the card because I didn't want to pay the annual fee. The CSR did it instantly without even trying to make an offer. maybe I would've had better luck if I tried to ask for a waiver first. oh well.
Same thing happened to me about a month ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.