Wiki Posts
Search

Seats under Airport control

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DAL-PM
Seats under Airport control

Ok, first time on JB tonight SEA-JFK. Try to change my seat to an open row this afternoon (about 6 hours prior to flight) and get an error msg to call the 800 #. So I do, and the agent tells me that the airport has taken control of the seats already. I ask her when they typically take control of the seats and she said it varies and could not give me an answer. Is this typical? Seems pretty inconvenient to the customer to not know when the seats get locked and not be able to make a seat change 6 hours prior to flight until I get to the airport.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Are you using OLCI? I've never seen that before, maybe there are FAMs on board or something like that.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Sabre tends to lock seats into "airport control" approximately 72 hours in advance.

There *is* a work around that can be used by an agent to assign a seat, but it's not something they teach the frontline res. If that happens again, ask the agent to call a supervisor. It's actually a really easy fix in about 85% of reservations.

But to answer the original question: 72 hours, in most cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.