Search

What's going on at JetBlue?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More, DElta, Continental, AA, US Airways,JetBlue
What's going on at JetBlue?

What's the matter with Jetblue?
I have been a TrueBlue member for many years and used to be very fond of JetBlue. However, that all changed after a major screw up when an airline staff member canceled a return flight ticket from Newark to Tampa without any warniong or notification. I had changed the inbound flight to a day earlier but left the return flight unchanged resulting in the usual change fee and a higher price. That's all fine, no complaints here. I found out about the canceled ticket when I checked in at a kiosk and the message appeared: We cannot check you in at this time. Please contact at staff member at the counter" or something like this. There I was told by a very friendly employee that my ticket was canceled. It took 20 minutes and $127 to get a new ticket. The airline later admitted they made a mistake and refunded at least the $100 change fee but not before I spoke with a supervisor because I got fed up with a nasty self righteous rep with a lecturing attitude
One wonders what's going on at JetBlue if they can't handle properly an easy and straight forward re-booking.
Second incidence happened on Feb. 11 on flight 443 from Boston to Tampa (3 hours, 10 minutes!). The entertainment system for seats 20 D - F was stuck on the same channel (previews). The monitors did not respond to channel selector or radio selector. The stewardess serving the back of the plane refused to restart the system which would in all likelihood have fixed the problem as observed several times on previous flights. This insensitivity and customer unfriendly behavior is unacceptable. A complaint has been filed with JetBlue
So my question to the community: Anyone out there with similar experiences?
Is this airline going down in terms of service and business conduct?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by sarp
Second incidence happened on Feb. 11 on flight 443 from Boston to Tampa (3 hours, 10 minutes!). The entertainment system for seats 20 D - F was stuck on the same channel (previews). The monitors did not respond to channel selector or radio selector. The stewardess serving the back of the plane refused to restart the system which would in all likelihood have fixed the problem as observed several times on previous flights.
Inflight crew are advised to do resets for the entire cabin if 10% or greater of the tv sets are out of service. The inflight crewmember was most likely following procedures. Service recoveries allow for reseating (if available) or $15 voucher for future travel.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 3:27 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by sarp
I found out about the canceled ticket when I checked in at a kiosk and the message appeared: We cannot check you in at this time. Please contact at staff member at the counter" or something like this. There I was told by a very friendly employee that my ticket was canceled. It took 20 minutes and $127 to get a new ticket. The airline later admitted they made a mistake and refunded at least the $100 change fee but not before I spoke with a supervisor because I got fed up with a nasty self righteous rep with a lecturing attitude
IMHO, your best course of action would have been to pay for the ticket at the airport, then write a letter with all the facts requesting a refund. The people handling letters have the time and ability to research the problem. It's their job. The people at the airport have other problems on their minds and much less experience with reservation errors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.