Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA/B6 interline agreement?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2011, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

UA/B6 interline agreement?

Good day all. DL/UA flier here, wanting to know about B6 interlining agreements. Does B6 take interline luggage from UA?

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nope. They have neither interline ticketing nor baggage agreements.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
Nope. They have neither interline ticketing nor baggage agreements.
As far as DL is concerned, I hope it stays that way.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
As far as DL is concerned, I hope it stays that way.
What?

Also, would a 1:15 connection from UA to B6 at BOS be doable, with luggage? I know they're in the same terminal, so I wouldn't have to hike too far.

Last edited by cmn.jcs; Feb 6, 2011 at 5:19 pm
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
Also, would a 1:15 connection from UA to B6 at BOS be doable, with luggage? I know they're in the same terminal, so I wouldn't have to hike too far.
It depends. Not even all B6 gates in BOS are in the same terminal (at least that was the case as of a few months ago).

I've had B6-to-B6 connections in BOS where I had to exit one terminal area and then reclear security.

Assuming everything is on time, I'd bet that 1:15 is an ample window even if you have to spend more time with our friends at the TSA, but it's not a 100% slam dunk.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

If I understand correctly, international B6 flights come into terminal E, but everything goes out of C (where I'd be coming in).
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
Well, it's not that simple. Terminal C is comprised of separate piers, and moving from one to the other requires reclearing security.

Terminal C Map

As an example from the map, there is no way to go from C25 to C12 without reclearing.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 4:48 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Switching from terminal to terminal

Originally Posted by Keegan99
Well, it's not that simple. Terminal C is comprised of separate piers, and moving from one to the other requires reclearing security.

Terminal C Map

As an example from the map, there is no way to go from C25 to C12 without reclearing.
I believe that they are working on making 1 security area for both piers at BOS. I do not remember when this project is going to be done.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
The unknown there is the ability of UA to be on time and to get the bags off-loaded quickly. Is the B6 flight international or domestic? You'll need to meet the bag drop requirements and for international flights I believe that's 06 minutes so pretty much impossible.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
The unknown there is the ability of UA to be on time and to get the bags off-loaded quickly. Is the B6 flight international or domestic? You'll need to meet the bag drop requirements and for international flights I believe that's 06 minutes so pretty much impossible.
It's a domestic flight. I know B6 and UA are in different piers, but since I'm claiming a bag anyway, I would have to leave security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.