Wiki Posts
Search

Christmas Weekend Massacre

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 1:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Christmas Weekend Massacre

Since we pretty much had a reply of the "Valentine's Day Massacre" (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...-stranded.html) with massive flight cancellations during Christmas Day weekend (and thereafter), plus severe customers service/rebooking problems, I thought it would be neat to give this event its own name. Therefore, I present to you: The "Christmas Weekend Massacre"!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Not funny, this is not a Jetblue only problem. There is a severe infrastructure issue that is preventing people from getting to work. Comparing this to Valentine's Day is not fair. I was one of the lucky ones traveling on Sunday, and it took me 15 1/2 hours to get from my brothers house in PBI to my home in CT. I was on flt 362 PBI-LGA, look it up on Flightaware, we diverted to AVP and then JFK. The crew was awesome! The hardest part was getting to LGA from JFK.

Unfortuneatly this could get worse before it gets better for all airlines involved.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I have to love to new Terminal 5. It took me three hours to get from mid-town to JFK this morning using a combination of subway, bus, and car service. I got to Terminal 5 at 10AM for my 1045AM--zipped right through security and made my flight with time to spare. Many things were working against me this morning but thanks to the good planning of the security set up at Terminal 5, I made my flight. I was sitting next to a woman that had been in the Terminal since Sunday and she was able to make the first flight out to SFO with her two kids and was most grateful. The TVs weren't working on the flight but we had a good time talking and the flight went by quickly. She also praised the crew member that came in on his day off to help get the flight out. Given that JFK was closed to departures pretty much until this morning, jetBlue did far better than any other airline in getting back up to speed quickly this morning.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
avoiding people on tarmac

I have not seen stories about b6 passengers stuck on planes on the tarmac (unlike the elal 9 hour journey to nowhere. It seems all the airlines had trouble with the phone lines.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:53 pm

it's a tough time

I came in twice this week on my own time to the airport to help. And the customers I met have been amazing: patient, understanding, weary, but working with us. Thank you to our customers for hanging in there. We will hang in there with you.

My own opinions, not jetBlue's
Old Dec 29, 2010, 6:04 am

all out massacre

So whenever a snow storm shuts down all 3 NY metro airports(EWR, LGA and JFK) its jetBlues Massacre?!?! Let it go. Its old already! All airlines operating in/out of those 3 airports are dealing with this weather issue.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

The thread can be moved to OMNI if you want...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:30 am

BINGO!!! Wait...let me think about that suggestion. Hhmmm OMNI...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I agree with the sentiments expressed by the OP.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
It is clear there is totally different circumstances between the two events. Unless you can find a way for B6 to fly in the snow and not leave people in the terminal like every carrier did also, this is a pointless discussion. Thread closed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.