Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

How safe is it to buy a travel bank credit on craigslist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:08 am
Original Poster

I see an ad for someone selling a Jetblue travel bank credit? He is offering almost 50% discount.

The deal is to pay him cash and he either books my flights while am there or can give me the travel bank login details.
I plan to do the latter, as my travel plans are not finalized. So, if I change the password of the travel bank when am there.. is it safe? Anyway he can change the password back by calling Jetblue or using some "lost password" option to reset it?

I have never used a Jetblue travel bank.. so any info is appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
It's his Travel Bank...

...so, if he were dishonest and claimed a lost pass word, Jet Blue would give it to him and he could then change the password again.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
Well, yes and no.

If it's a true blue credit (if the number starts with 2 it absolutely is, if it starts with 3 it *might* be but likely not) I wouldn't buy it.

After you have the information for the credit, I'd call up general reservations and ask them to change the e-mail address on the credit. (E-mail address is changable as long as it isn't a TB credit, and is one of the verifiers that res is supposed to check before using the credit.)

Get the e-mail address changed to your own and have them resend the password.

And book quickly... because while everyone *should* verify the e-mail before using it, I've seen people *not*.

If it were me, I'd only purchase one if I were planning on using it in the next few days... cause honestly it'd be entirely too easy to both use the credit themselves right after (knowing the info), or they could post the ad for a credit again, and keep selling the information until someone finally uses it, leaving a lot of people screwed.

Just my worry. /shrug

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.