Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue adds General McChrystal to board of advisors

Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:43 am
Original Poster

http://www.gadling.com/2010/11/10/je...d-of-advisors/

"He's no longer flying military ... and he's budget-conscious too! JetBlue announced yesterday the addition of General Stanley A. McChrystal to their corporation's board of directors.

"We are honored to have Gen. McChrystal join our airline's leadership ranks," said Dave Barger, CEO and president of JetBlue. "As we enter our second decade and continue to grow in new directions, the fresh perspectives and counsel of leaders like Gen. McChrystal will be truly beneficial to maintaining our competitive advantage."

Considered one of the nation's most accomplished military leaders, the 34-year Army veteran commanded the U.S. and NATO's security mission in Afghanistan, served as the director of the Joint Staff and was the Commander of Joint Special Operations Command, where he was responsible for the nation's deployed military counter terrorism efforts.

Let's just hope that he isn't followed by another Rolling Stone reporter and encouraged to express his views on this airline after a few drinks. "
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:18 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by Skink
http://www.gadling.com/2010/11/10/je...d-of-advisors/

"He's no longer flying military ... and he's budget-conscious too! JetBlue announced yesterday the addition of General Stanley A. McChrystal to their corporation's board of directors.

"We are honored to have Gen. McChrystal join our airline's leadership ranks," said Dave Barger, CEO and president of JetBlue. "As we enter our second decade and continue to grow in new directions, the fresh perspectives and counsel of leaders like Gen. McChrystal will be truly beneficial to maintaining our competitive advantage."

Considered one of the nation's most accomplished military leaders, the 34-year Army veteran commanded the U.S. and NATO's security mission in Afghanistan, served as the director of the Joint Staff and was the Commander of Joint Special Operations Command, where he was responsible for the nation's deployed military counter terrorism efforts.

Let's just hope that he isn't followed by another Rolling Stone reporter and encouraged to express his views on this airline after a few drinks. "
I have a lot of respect for the man and his service. However, how does background in military operations help JetBlue?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat13c
I have a lot of respect for the man and his service. However, how does background in military operations help JetBlue?
I would imagine that B6 could benefit from the strategic mindset that a general would be required to have. In addition, having a real world experience in logistics instead of soley business school "book experience could prove useful as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.