Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

jetBlue Starting Anchorage 5/26/11

jetBlue Starting Anchorage 5/26/11

Old Mar 13, 11, 3:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
No dice for people from East Coast!

Originally Posted by jackal View Post
Trying to make sense of B6's fares.

On LGB-ANC, they're competitive--$439rt vs $419rt [ex-LAX] on AS. Not a phenomenal fare, but competitive. (I'm surprised they're letting AS beat them, but regardless, their mere presence is keeping AS somewhat honest; last year, you were lucky to find LAX-ANC for under $650.)

But they want almost $800rt for JFK-ANC (via LGB, of course). That's not even in the same ballpark as other carriers, which are running around $600rt.

To be honest, it's not making me want to try B6. It's already going to be a stretch to get me away from my virtually-guaranteed upgrade (especially on the ANC-LAX nonstop, which is not an elite-heavy flight for AS) and waived change fees; it's going to take a darn cheap fare to lure me away from AS (on the order of at least 15% cheaper). But pay more money to fly on an airline that gives me a quarter the RDM I'll earn on AS (6,400 with a B6 Amex vs 25,000 with MVPG and an AS Visa Signature), especially when the points seem less valuable (I can book ANC-EWR for 40,000rt on AS vs. 58,600 points on B6)?[/size]
It isn't much of a concern to get us East Coast people over to the great state of Alaska either apparently. I did some example dates and B6 is $200 more than AA, CO, and US.

You can only go ANC from IAD via LGB of course. Can't route DCA or BOS to LGB to ANC. If I go to Alaska, which I will, it obviously won't be using B6 . Great route though for you hecka tight Californians.
Old Mar 13, 11, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
Trying to make sense of B6's fares.

On LGB-ANC, they're competitive--$439rt vs $419rt [ex-LAX] on AS. Not a phenomenal fare, but competitive. (I'm surprised they're letting AS beat them, but regardless, their mere presence is keeping AS somewhat honest; last year, you were lucky to find LAX-ANC for under $650.)
Yeah LGB-ANC sure has shot up... wish I would have picked up a couple more of them now at the intro prices... perhaps their planes won't be filled to the brim and they'll run a few fare sales, [and AS will match ]
Old Mar 13, 11, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There aren't a ton of markets that it makes sense to connect via LGB from where B6 feeds connecting traffic.

ANC-AUS has B6 as the fare leader in terms of what is published:
Export from Wandering Aramean Travel Tools
Code:
Flexible Fare Search -- AUS-ANC roundtrp for date range Jul-Sep
Carrier|From |To   |FareBasis |Fare      |Min   |Max       |Adv. Purch|Earliest  |Latest    |
B6     |AUS  |ANC  |MH14AE2U  |USD$ 475  |      |          |14days    |23may11   |          |
CO     |AUS  |ANC  |TE14FS    |USD$ 496  |      |          |14days    |05may11   |01oct11   |
DL     |AUS  |ANC  |TR14A0NQ  |USD$ 496  |      |30days    |14days    |23may11   |10sep11   |
AA     |AUS  |ANC  |QR14AKN   |USD$ 496  |      |          |14days    |01may11   |30sep11   |
AS     |AUS  |ANC  |T14JN5    |USD$ 496  |      |          |14days    |          |          |