Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

jetBlue Starting Anchorage 5/26/11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue Starting Anchorage 5/26/11

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by beckoa
Add that B6 would be going head-to-head with AS then... (even though its still LA-ANC service)
I am curious how is loads doing? B6 will inaugurate on May 26, 2011. I'm pretty confidence about B6 is doing so successful. It will have more toughest competitive against DL, AS, UA. I think the entire A320 will have ETOPS overwater restrictions. You must to be qualifications to trained with FAA certified. You are required to trains during water evacuations.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
...B6 just landed in ANC...

Not sure why its up here... it flew down from FAI earlier today, originating in PDX...

Last edited by beckoa; Nov 2, 2010 at 2:42 pm Reason: Routing...
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
...B6 just landed in ANC...
And for the photographic 'evidence'

B6 lands in ANC

B6 near B gates
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
And for the photographic 'evidence'

B6 lands in ANC

B6 near B gates
I think they are doing some testing on systems for the 190's.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Brigri
'Twould be rather interesting if the E90 made it back out west next summer. LGB-ANC is outside the range I think but I suppose it could work from SEA or PDX. Could be interesting....
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:55 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by sbm12
'Twould be rather interesting if the E90 made it back out west next summer. LGB-ANC is outside the range I think but I suppose it could work from SEA or PDX. Could be interesting....
On a call with a local radio station today (1080) Scott (VP for B6) indicated if the route went well next summer they'd like to stick around year-round...
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:44 pm

Ok... This is weird... B6 is returning to FAI tomorrow

Well the flight is ANC-GYR vs. FAI-GYR... forgot what day it was

Code:
Date 	Aircraft 	Origin 	Destination 	Departure 	Arrival 	Duration
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Fairbanks Intl (PAFA / FAI) 	Phoenix Goodyear (KGYR) 	05:35PM AKDT 	12:27AM MST (+1) 	Scheduled
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Anchorage Intl (PANC) 	Phoenix Goodyear (KGYR) 	04:16PM AKDT 	10:49PM MST 	En Route
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Anchorage Intl (PANC) 	Fairbanks Intl (PAFA / FAI) 	04:16PM AKDT 		Diverted
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Fairbanks Intl (PAFA / FAI) 	Anchorage Intl (PANC) 	11:22AM AKDT 	12:15PM AKDT 	0:53
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Fairbanks Intl (PAFA / FAI) 	Anchorage Intl (PANC) 	09:10AM AKDT 	09:55AM AKDT 	Scheduled
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU6867/history

Last edited by beckoa; Nov 3, 2010 at 1:32 am Reason: ...
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:51 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Ok... This is weird... B6 is returning to FAI tomorrow

Code:
Date 	Aircraft 	Origin 	Destination 	Departure 	Arrival 	Duration
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Fairbanks Intl (PAFA / FAI) 	Phoenix Goodyear (KGYR) 	05:35PM AKDT 	12:27AM MST (+1) 	Scheduled
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Anchorage Intl (PANC) 	Phoenix Goodyear (KGYR) 	04:16PM AKDT 	10:49PM MST 	En Route
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Anchorage Intl (PANC) 	Fairbanks Intl (PAFA / FAI) 	04:16PM AKDT 		Diverted
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Fairbanks Intl (PAFA / FAI) 	Anchorage Intl (PANC) 	11:22AM AKDT 	12:15PM AKDT 	0:53
02-Nov-2010 	E190/Q 	Fairbanks Intl (PAFA / FAI) 	Anchorage Intl (PANC) 	09:10AM AKDT 	09:55AM AKDT 	Scheduled
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU6867/history
I thought I heard the testing was for Honeywell?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:39 pm

I thought I heard the testing was for Honeywell?
Would make sense... interesting destination choice nonetheless
Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was out at GYR on Friday. The LH guys I spoke to there indicated that the B6 bird had been around for a few days and was making test flights of some sort but didn't know all the details.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by sbm12
It will be an A320; there are no E90s on the west coast for B6 anymore.
I was going to say, LGB-ANC would pretty much need an A320 anyway.

I'm glad that B6 is expanding into Alaska. Didn't see it coming but congrats on the route.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by N639DL
I was going to say, LGB-ANC would pretty much need an A320 anyway.

I'm glad that B6 is expanding into Alaska. Didn't see it coming but congrats on the route.
I agree. How about B6 will next more potential new routes LGB-FAI or SEA-FAI? Lets hope these routes will done extremely performance very well.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by airjetoo
I'm curious to see where the blob for ANC will be too!
Map has been updated! Now shows Alaska in the lower left corner as an insert.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Map has been updated! Now shows Alaska in the lower left corner as an insert.
When one clicks on ANC it does draw a line correctly to LGB though
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by nicksair1
And cant wait to see where prices will go..
Trying to make sense of B6's fares.

On LGB-ANC, they're competitive--$439rt vs $419rt [ex-LAX] on AS. Not a phenomenal fare, but competitive. (I'm surprised they're letting AS beat them, but regardless, their mere presence is keeping AS somewhat honest; last year, you were lucky to find LAX-ANC for under $650.)

But they want almost $800rt for JFK-ANC (via LGB, of course). That's not even in the same ballpark as other carriers, which are running around $600rt.

To be honest, it's not making me want to try B6. It's already going to be a stretch to get me away from my virtually-guaranteed upgrade (especially on the ANC-LAX nonstop, which is not an elite-heavy flight for AS) and waived change fees; it's going to take a darn cheap fare to lure me away from AS (on the order of at least 15% cheaper). But pay more money to fly on an airline that gives me a quarter the RDM I'll earn on AS (6,400 with a B6 Amex vs 25,000 with MVPG and an AS Visa Signature), especially when the points seem less valuable (I can book ANC-EWR for 40,000rt on AS vs. 58,600 points on B6)?

I'm a bit less than thrilled about how B6 is playing in this market. I was really hoping they'd provide some real competition for AS, especially in the beyond-LAX arena. I could kind of understand it if they were matching the legacies and just absorbing those high-RASM fares and using the route as a cash-cow, but they're not even trying to compete and attract even those who don't care about mileage earning*. They're just driving traffic away entirely at fares FAR higher than the legacies.

Oh well...rumor's that WN is interested in coming up here, too, so maybe between B6 and WN, we'll start to have some real fare wars...

*This does not describe the average Alaskan. I would be willing to bet that the market penetration of frequent flyer programs is FAR higher in Alaska than any other place in the U.S. Because Alaskans are so used to being dragged over the coals with insane fares, they realize the value of frequent flyer programs. I'd estimate the AS Mileage Plan has a market share approaching 60%--that's 60% of the population, not just of the regularly-traveling public. (Of the Alaska-based traveling public, which is most of the state, since air travel is so essential here, I'd guess AS Mileage Plan has a market share of 75% and a mind-share of 100%.) As such, Alaskans are understandably attached to Mileage Plan, and retailers who offer bonus AS miles tend to do noticeably better than those who don't. It's going to take B6 a LOT to crack that market, and they're going to need to price themselves attractively to do so.

Last edited by jackal; Mar 12, 2011 at 2:44 am Reason: added footnote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.