Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor Jet Blue to be sold

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:58 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Rumor Jet Blue to be sold

Rumor has it JetBlue sale potential has led to the departure of all of the senior management except for Barger. What I am hearing.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: Jetblue Trueblue, British Airways Executive Club
What is your source?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Several in senior management including Barger were at the AYCJ kickoff at JFK last Tuesday.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I have absolutely no idea why B6 want to selling to another carriers?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hahahahahaha.

I know for a fact that the SVP of Marketing is still working at the company as of this morning. Is that senior enough for the supposed exodus?

I'm calling BS on this one in a big way. Even if the company were being sold why would all the senior staff quit? Just doesn't make sense.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Hahahahahaha.

I know for a fact that the SVP of Marketing is still working at the company as of this morning. Is that senior enough for the supposed exodus?

I'm calling BS on this one in a big way. Even if the company were being sold why would all the senior staff quit? Just doesn't make sense.
Bargers brother and another senior pilot are leaving to do something in the healthcare industry. Absolutey no lose!!!! Daves brother was bounced around from one department to another and he successfully botched up each one he was associated with. His latest title was director of talent recruitment. Two senior people from the hiring department are also leaving. Again, no lose!!Hopefully JetBlue takes their company issued credit cards from them. All they ever did was wine and dine. We will see what happens to Dave himself because the Airline Pilots Association will be on property soon to legally represent the pilots. Jetblues values are smoke and mirrors. At least the pilots are smart enough to see this.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hahahahahaha.

Aren't we kept Jetblue name?? Who will takeover by replacing CEO Dave Berger?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably an asset purchase by AA - meaning that no management personnel would be needed once the deal closes.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
AA buying B6 is not going to happen.

I do not believe that AA can afford to buy B6 . They have been losing money the last few years (I think they were the only airline to lose money last quarter). If they did such a thing there would be anti trust issues at JFK and
major union issues . B6 is non union while AA is union . The pilots union would not be happy to say the least . AA may do more interlining with B6 or convince B6 to replace AA on the DFW-JFK route but they cannot afford to buy B6 outright .
Old Sep 14, 2010, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Probably an asset purchase by AA - meaning that no management personnel would be needed once the deal closes.
It could happen. B6 could be bought out and anyone besides the CEO is no longer needed.

But it is entirely possible this is just a rumor...
Old Sep 16, 2010, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
LH?

Old Sep 16, 2010, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by N639DL
It could happen. B6 could be bought out and anyone besides the CEO is no longer needed.
Why would the CEO still be needed in a buyout?
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Why would the CEO still be needed in a buyout?
The CEO could be a key member of the executive board as the CEO of the bought out airline. There are some execs from the NW side that are still with DL, and some were let go.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notsosmart
LH?

Nope!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by N639DL
The CEO could be a key member of the executive board as the CEO of the bought out airline. There are some execs from the NW side that are still with DL, and some were let go.
Right. And in the CO/UA merger the senior leadership team is split 50/50 from each company. But that's because they chose to, not because they need to. Big difference.

This whole discussion is rather moot since it isn't happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.