Search

B6 is ended service JFK-RIC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
B6 is ended service JFK-RIC

So unfortunately, I am very disappointed the news to hear and bad news to hear from B6 will have been discontinuation service JFK-RIC but, there is still existed service RIC-MCO/FLL/BOS, too. So here the links:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/busine...u08-ar-491089/

"We have decided to discontinue service between Richmond and New York/JFK effective Nov. 1, 2010," said Alison Croyle, JetBlue's manager of corporate communications.
Maybe someday in the future if B6 will find something else for which the specific new routes. Let's find out soon enough. So please accepted apologizes for cause any inconvenience from B6.

Regards
Old Sep 21, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Disappointing for those of us who live in RIC, but not surprising considering that the aircraft for BOS-EWR and BOS-DCA need to come from somewhere.

The two flights a day B6 ran from RIC to JFK don't cut it for RIC-based business travelers, most of whom seem to prefer US and their 6 or so daily RJs to LGA. And we're only a 7-hour drive or train/bus ride to NYC, which also cuts into airline O&D traffic for leisure passengers (I usually drive if going up north for leisure and need a car when I'm there, since rental cars at LGA/JFK/EWR are extremely expensive.)

The downside is that there's going to be much less connectivity now on JetBlue from RIC to the rest of the JetBlue network. I don't want to fly almost 500 miles northeast to BOS to go west or south! 2x BOS, 1x MCO and 1x FLL will be all that remain out of RIC for B6, it appears.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Disappointing for those of us who live in RIC, but not surprising considering that the aircraft for BOS-EWR and BOS-DCA need to come from somewhere.

The two flights a day B6 ran from RIC to JFK don't cut it for RIC-based business travelers, most of whom seem to prefer US and their 6 or so daily RJs to LGA. And we're only a 7-hour drive or train/bus ride to NYC, which also cuts into airline O&D traffic for leisure passengers (I usually drive if going up north for leisure and need a car when I'm there, since rental cars at LGA/JFK/EWR are extremely expensive.)

The downside is that there's going to be much less connectivity now on JetBlue from RIC to the rest of the JetBlue network. I don't want to fly almost 500 miles northeast to BOS to go west or south! 2x BOS, 1x MCO and 1x FLL will be all that remain out of RIC for B6, it appears.

Atleast RIC made out better than CMH and BNA did...
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Atleast RIC made out better than CMH and BNA did...
Yeah, we had a good run. Almost 5 years since the first RIC-JFK flight. I miss the 6 am RIC-JFK flight and the late night return (which B6 dropped this past January)...I took it for day trips to Manhattan and for connecting opportunities from RIC to almost anywhere B6 flies.

Oh well, I-95, Amtrak and US Airways will be seeing more of me.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 8:32 pm

Along with the drivers cutting into O&D for leisure, US has RIC-LGA, CO has RIC-EWR, DL has RIC-JFK and indirectly (at about 62 miles away) from RIC: FL has PHF-LGA.

Last edited by rtalk25; Sep 22, 2010 at 8:39 pm
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by rtalk25
Along with the drivers cutting into O&D for leisure, US has RIC-LGA, CO has RIC-EWR, DL has RIC-JFK and indirectly (at about 62 miles away) from RIC: FL has PHF-LGA.
Yes, you're right. That's why it was too much competition against another airlines out of NYC. So unfortunately, the loads wasn't good enough at all and it was too extremely low-yield passengers out of JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.