Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

What's the deal with Bulkhead seats? I get so many diff Explanations???

What's the deal with Bulkhead seats? I get so many diff Explanations???

Old Aug 6, 2010, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Thumbs down What's the deal with Bulkhead seats? I get so many diff Explanations???

Maybe a B6 employee can help with this one...We have an infant and often fly B6. I know the company line is they save the bulkhead seats for gate assignment -- to make sure there aren't any elderly/disabled people who need them. Occasionally I call and get an agent to assign the seats to my wife,baby and I with the understanding that we could be bumped out of them at the gate- which is cool and understandable...But usually I'm told gate assignment only. So I always make an effort to be first in line at the gate when the agent gets there -- yet I'm typically told all the seats are booked/gone immediately? And then I board the flight and there are non elderly/disabled/baby people who can board on their own in those seats...so what's the deal? somewhere something is not right? is this all just random?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The official policy is that they are reserved seating but that they can be assigned in advance to folks in the affected classes. I'm not sure that lap child qualifies as an affected class which might be why you run in to some push-back.

The policy states, in part,
JetBlue reserves seats in all of Row 1 and Row 6 in our Airbus A320s, and rows 1 and 2 in our EMBRAER 190s, in order to provide advance seat assignments, as requested, to customers with disabilities. Unaccompanied minors are also seated as close as possible to the front of the airplane. We will gladly pre-assign seats to qualified individuals at the time of booking when requested.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:13 pm

Programs: TrueBlue
In general, we assign bulkhead to customers stating they have a disability and need bulkhead seating, and unaccompanied minors only prior to the airport assigning them when you get there.

It's honestly probably better to get yourself seats elsewhere in the plane than hope you get bulkhead, IMO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.