Even more legroom for $5?

Old Jul 9, 10, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, Jetblue
Even more legroom for $5?

I searched but couldn't find anything in this forum regarding the cost of EML. I know they charge an additional $10 per seat for short routes like Long Beach to Oakland. You can see the message warning you that you have to pay extra but for as little as $10 when you select your seat.

I booked a flight a few months ago for an upcoming trip (July 21) from Long Beach to Oakland and chose row 8. and today, i thought about paying an extra $10 to get EML and when i click on it, a message popped up and said $5. but the seat selection page clearly said $10. I took the EML seat anyway and i get charged only $5.

I am not sure if this is a promotion so when i told my parents about it (they also have an upcoming trip in August), they were also able to select seats on the flight for $5 more per person.

Is this just a glitch in the system? will Jetblue force me to pay the additional $5 when i check in or they will not honor the seat? I am afraid they will deny my EML seat and force me to sit in the regular seat so i took a screenshot of it and printed my ticket receipt as proof.

what do you all think?
Old Jul 9, 10, 1:02 am

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
I believe B6 is doing a lot of price point testing of EML upsells on various routes in an effort to determine the revenue maximization sweet spot for each.

If you paid $5, you'll get it for $5.
Old Jul 9, 10, 6:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
I believe B6 is doing a lot of price point testing of EML upsells on various routes in an effort to determine the revenue maximization sweet spot for each.

If you paid $5, you'll get it for $5.
Agreed on both points. They started varying the EML prices in April and - although it was announced as a "trial" - Barger noted in the quarterly call that the numbers were going to stick that way, not go back to the old, fixed approach.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...eml-seats.html
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...-more-legroom/

Search this Thread
Search Engine: