Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

This is ridiculous! [Flight cxl stats]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

From Jetblue -

RDU-JFK Flt #1108
58.1% on-time arrival
35.5% with arrival delay of more than 30 minutes
9.7% cancelled

How can you cancel a flight almost ten percent of the time?

This is the last flight of the day from RDU to JFK. That means you have a one in ten chance of paying for a hotel room to hopefully get back the next day. That hotel room will cost more than your flight.

I am glad I clicked on the flight number and checked these stats. I will not be flying Jetblue to RDU.

Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:01 pm

Most airlines perpetually change their flight numbers so that you can't track delays. JB is one of few that don't do that. You might have a false warm fuzzy when UA, or whoever, shows a less cancellation rate.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 6:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by Whoever
Most airlines perpetually change their flight numbers so that you can't track delays. JB is one of few that don't do that. You might have a false warm fuzzy when UA, or whoever, shows a less cancellation rate.
LOL, no they don't. The government doesn't let airlines do this.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
It seems whenever JetBlue has multiple flights for a day the last flight out always has a high % of delay / cancellation while all the earlier flights are fine.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hejustlaughs
It seems whenever JetBlue has multiple flights for a day the last flight out always has a high % of delay / cancellation while all the earlier flights are fine.
NO!

This was the first time I noticed the option of clicking on the flight number to see the flight stats. I clicked on a lot of flights to a lot of cities as I was planing multiple trips that day and this is the only flight that had a cancellation percent shown.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 7:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

New (last 3ish months) DoT rules require the airlines to identify flights that are considered chronic offenders for cancellation or severe delays. That's why you're seeing the information.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Hmm... United does it all the time. Change the flight by a couple minutes and change the flight number 2 or 3 days out of the week. It's very frustrating trying to keep track of all the changes - but whatever, I really don't care either way.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Sure they do. Schedules change several times a year, and major flight number changes accompany the schedule change. Thus, all stats for those flights reset.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.