FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   TrueBlue online mall coming (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1100826-trueblue-online-mall-coming.html)

jetBlueNYFL Jun 30, 2010 11:13 am

TrueBlue online mall coming

In a promotion email dated 6/15 to buy TB points with a 25% bonus, I noticed a little blurb under the heading "Shop True"

Starting June 30, you will be able to earn TrueBlue points for shopping the brands you love at our new online mall, ShopTrue. Choose from over 900 brands including Nordstrom, Best Buy, Macy's, Apple, Gap, Sears, Target, Walmart and lots more!
Today is 6/30, so hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer! This sounds like the similar programs at other airlines. I currently use the AAdvantage eShopping mall and have racked up tons of bonus miles on purchases I'd normally make anyway.

In general for online purchases,I usually find a promo code to sweeten the deal, and if lucky get free shipping when meeting the minimum from that site, and oftentimes especially when shipping to my FL address, exempt from sales tax.

Looking forward to this great earning opportunity!

JBLU421NYC Jul 5, 2010 7:02 pm

I guess we are going to be waiting for this... I wasn't aware of the American Airlines mall either. How does it work?

pointsjunkie53 Jul 5, 2010 9:26 pm

all the major airline sites have a mall on them. as i do not travel for business most of my miles come from purchases on these malls. delta, aa, united, continental,usair,etc, all have one. it really is great if you shop on-line . instaed of going to (example Macy's .com you go through the airline mall and you can get 6miles per $ spent). my entire first class airfare to italy came form my account which is all from the mall shopping.

nerd Jul 5, 2010 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by JBLU421NYC (Post 14248138)
I guess we are going to be waiting for this... I wasn't aware of the American Airlines mall either. How does it work?

You should try installing Google on your computer. If you have questions such as "How does American Airlines mall work?" Google finds websites for you! :p

JBLU421NYC Jul 7, 2010 12:30 am

Thanks I was wondering what all the fuss about Google was... I guess you cleared that up for me. ;)

jetBlueNYFL Jul 7, 2010 1:14 am

As a web site, Google doesn't really need to be "installed" unless you're referring to a specific Google download. Pretty much anything can be found on Google, so I guess it makes FT and any other forum pointless. :rolleyes:

nerd Jul 7, 2010 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL (Post 14256050)
As a web site, Google doesn't really need to be "installed" unless you're referring to a specific Google download.

:eek:

jetBlueNYFL Jul 13, 2010 8:32 pm

It's Here...

Shop at this link for TB points:

https://shoptrue.jetblue.com/

sbm12 Jul 14, 2010 5:54 am

A quick glance has me questioning the value of shopping with them versus other similar online malls, but I need to dig a bit deeper. The earning numbers are not as good as with other programs but I need to evaluate that versus the value of the points which also differs from other programs.

Brigri Jul 14, 2010 5:56 am

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL (Post 14295700)
Shop at this link for TB points:

https://shoptrue.jetblue.com/

This looks good, I only browsed through a few stores, most are $1 for 1 trueblue point. This is a nice way to top off the account.

To me, any way to get more points only enhances this program.

jetBlueNYFL Jul 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 14297449)
A quick glance has me questioning the value of shopping with them versus other similar online malls, but I need to dig a bit deeper. The earning numbers are not as good as with other programs but I need to evaluate that versus the value of the points which also differs from other programs.

I also only quickly glanced, and was actually going to ask if you can conduct one of your famous analyses to post here :D

I'm a frequent shopper on AA's mall and love it. I have a ton of AAdvantage miles, I'd estimate ~80-90% of which are NOT from actual flights on AA or codeshare (pretty much all Rewards Network Dining and online mall). Once in a while I check Delta's, and I notice that the points offered for certain retailers differ. For example, Delta offers 8:$1 for restuarant.com; AA offers 18:$1! That's a huge difference on a mileage program with relatively the same value per mile. I haven't looked into many retailers, but for most they seem to be in line with one another.

Either way, this is an excellent earning opportunity.

bmg42000 Jul 14, 2010 5:44 pm

True blue shopping

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL (Post 14301177)
I also only quickly glanced, and was actually going to ask if you can conduct one of your famous analyses to post here :D

I'm a frequent shopper on AA's mall and love it. I have a ton of AAdvantage miles, I'd estimate ~80-90% of which are NOT from actual flights on AA or codeshare (pretty much all Rewards Network Dining and online mall). Once in a while I check Delta's, and I notice that the points offered for certain retailers differ. For example, Delta offers 8:$1 for restuarant.com; AA offers 18:$1! That's a huge difference on a mileage program with relatively the same value per mile. I haven't looked into many retailers, but for most they seem to be in line with one another.

Either way, this is an excellent earning opportunity.

Don't forget you get double points for restaurants , golf course and I think gyms. The other airlines credit cards have dropped these double opportunities. The best deal I saw was the 50:$1 ^(including the credit card bonus ) from CO for flowers on its website. One needs to figure out which frequent flyer program needs the points and use their mall.

sbm12 Jul 15, 2010 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Brigri (Post 14297457)
To me, any way to get more points only enhances this program.

Agreed, but there is a value proposition to be made with any such program, and this one doesn't look to be particularly favorable to the customer.

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL (Post 14301177)

I picked 10 relatively common shopping destinations covering a range of products, from clothes to electronics to books. In only 2 of those was ShopTrue not solely in last place in terms of value. In only one were they even close to the top.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...leage-earning/

I love that they are increasing earnings opportunities, but unless you are valuing the TrueBlue points at 3x the points of legacy programs I'd say choosing ShopTrue as your online shopping portal is a mistake.

And lest anyone think there was bias in the stores I chose to skew the results, I really didn't. I was hoping that JetBlue would win at least one. They didn't. :(

somedude24 Jul 15, 2010 11:42 am

Points Expiration

Does earning points through the ShopBlue program re-up the expiration on all of your TrueBlue points for another year? (On most majors, as far as I know, earning points by any method resets the expiration on all your points)

sbm12 Jul 15, 2010 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by somedude24 (Post 14306024)
Does earning points through the ShopBlue program re-up the expiration on all of your TrueBlue points for another year? (On most majors, as far as I know, earning points by any method resets the expiration on all your points)

https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/trueblue/trueblue-faqs says:

Points don't expire as long as you earn points by flying JetBlue or using the JetBlue Card from American Express on eligible purchases at least once in a 12-month period.
I read that as a ShopTrue purchase does NOT extend the expiry date.