Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Can I book an earlier flight after midnight on the day we leave

Old Jun 30, 2010, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

We have tickets for mid July from JFK to AUA. There is an earlier flight leaving JFK that morning.

I seem to recall that at one time JetBlue had a program that will allow me to transfer my tickets to an earlier flight after midnight of the day of the flight if the seats are available. I'm not sure whether that program is still in effect. If so, what is the cost? Can I do this online or do I have to do it over the phone?

Thank you.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can fly standby for free on the immediately previous flight to the one you have currently booked. So if you are on a 11am JFK-AUA and there is a 9am that you want to fly on you can do that as a standby for free. You would do so at the airport.

If you're on a 7pm JFK-LAX you cannot switch to a 9am (rather than a 3pm) without paying a change fee.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Is there an easy way to check if seats are available, or do you have to create a dummy booking and go to seat selection to figure it out (and assume everyone picked a seat)?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
Is there an easy way to check if seats are available, or do you have to create a dummy booking and go to seat selection to figure it out (and assume everyone picked a seat)?
Any of the availability tools (shameless plug for mine) should work. Since JetBlue doesn't overbook as a matter of course if there are seats in Y you should be able to get at them unless there are other folks buying walk-up fares, standing by ahead of you or just walk onto the wrong flight and sit down and the plane departs before the GAs figure out what happened.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
Any of the availability tools (shameless plug for mine) should work. Since JetBlue doesn't overbook as a matter of course if there are seats in Y you should be able to get at them unless there are other folks buying walk-up fares, standing by ahead of you or just walk onto the wrong flight and sit down and the plane departs before the GAs figure out what happened.
Thank you. I see you got another sucker to register.

Looks like all flights are full boats tomorrow. So it goes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.