Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue/Lufthansa baggage check through

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M

As far as I know, LH and B6 have some baggage check through agreements, so if I fly B6 and then connect to LH, B6 should be able to check my bag through to the final destination. Will this work in the following case, though:

- A separate ticket booked on B6, ORD-BOS, arrival in BOS at 10:13 AM,
- I am connecting to the following flights at BOS: BOS-EWR (operated by CO, departure at 5:45 PM) - MUC (operated by LH). This flight was booked on the LH website under the LH ticket number (220). Do you think B6 will be able to check my bag through all the way to Europe so that I don't need to collect it in Boston, wait for CO check-in to open and check it again? It would be nice to visit Boston in the meantime instead.

Thanks for your replies.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I would imagine that it only applies to tickets booked under on itinerary. It certainly is the case with the EI interline deal.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No way this works.

That being said, the CO ticket counter will be open at 10:15am so you shouldn't have much trouble with collecting your bags from B6 and then walking them to CO and having them checked in from there.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by sbm12
No way this works.

That being said, the CO ticket counter will be open at 10:15am so you shouldn't have much trouble with collecting your bags from B6 and then walking them to CO and having them checked in from there.
Do you think CO will let me check in my bag more than 4 hours before the departure?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The official CO policy is to not permit such but my guess is that they will in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.