Buying EML with Flight Credit

Old Jun 9, 10, 2:10 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Programs: AP
Buying EML with Flight Credit

I was booking a flight and had ~$60.00 of flight credit left. So I went back and booked a couple of EML seats. 2*9 + 2*40 + 2*40 + 2*9 = $196.00. When I got back to the payment page It would not allow me to use this remaining $60.00 I still had to pay an additional $196.00 instead of $136.00 as I expected it to be.

Do they really not let you use flight credits for EML seats?

Thanks

FB
Old Jun 9, 10, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
I was booking a flight and had ~$60.00 of flight credit left. So I went back and booked a couple of EML seats. 2*9 + 2*40 + 2*40 + 2*9 = $196.00. When I got back to the payment page It would not allow me to use this remaining $60.00 I still had to pay an additional $196.00 instead of $136.00 as I expected it to be.

Do they really not let you use flight credits for EML seats?

Thanks

FB
Travel Bank credits are not valid on EML. Awful policy. Shame on you JetBlue for not allowing credits to be used on EML. Another "enhancement" of True Blue 2.
Old Jun 9, 10, 8:24 pm
FB_
Original Poster

Programs: AP
I found it strange that the flight credit covered the taxes but not an upgraded seat which is Jetblue revenue.
Old Jun 9, 10, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the flight credit expire?

If so, it would make sense for JetBlue to put restrictions on its usage.
Old Jun 9, 10, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ringside View Post
Travel Bank credits are not valid on EML. Awful policy. Shame on you JetBlue for not allowing credits to be used on EML. Another "enhancement" of True Blue 2.
It may not be a great policy but it has nothing to do with TB2. It isn't related to the loyalty program at all, actually.

Last time I tried this I had a credit from taxes refunded back in the AYCJ days from a SJU trip I had to cancel. I applied the ~$40 to an EML upgrade simply by calling it in. Nothing related to AYCJ could be done online so I didn't try it online. In this case I'd try phoning it in and see if they can apply it.

Also, as a moderation note, I've slightly altered the thread title to make it a bit more representative of the question being discussed.