JFK to LAS service cuts???

Old May 23, 10, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, and Reformed AMEX Cent
JFK to LAS service cuts???

If I try and book a flight in the next month or so between NYC and Vegas there are 5 direct flights per day. If I try to book a few months out there are only 3 direct flights a day. Is this normal? Will they add the other 2 flights per day later when the flights are closer? Or did they announce service cuts and I just missed the announcement?
Old May 23, 10, 9:32 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
There is a normal fluctuation in service for peak travel periods versus the more dormant periods. It should also be noted that certain flights do not operate daily. Usually a timetable would have that information, but unfortunately due to the reservation system overhaul jetBlue's timetables are currently not viewable (btw its been a while already would be nice if they came back!). I noticed in October there were 4 daily NS flights as opposed to the 5 flights being offered through the summer. I am going to school in Seattle and trust me I am aware of this practice as after September SEA-JFK goes to once a day with two connection options, one in BOS and one in LBG (During the summer JFK-SEA has 2X Daily).

(Excuse the use of the word dormant, I mean off-peak)
Old May 23, 10, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Harlem View Post
Or did they announce service cuts and I just missed the announcement?
Service cuts are never announced.

There's a lot of hoopla around service additions (recently: new service out of BOS, to the Carribean), etc., but they're usually pretty quiet about which frequencies got canned to make the new service possible.