Search

B6 reinstates nonstop BOS-PHX

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
B6 reinstates nonstop BOS-PHX

Well, well, well, B6 is now to be reinstates BOS-PHX once again and after WN has already previously announced nonstop BOS-PHX only 1 daily roundtrip. So here the links:

http://www.boston.com/business/artic...oenix_flights/

I can't believe it B6 is after WN is getting more tough competitive against US, B6 out of BOS-PHX.
Old May 18, 2010, 3:29 am

As much as I do love and appreciate JetBlue, and have done many a P.R. event w/ the airline, they are going to their azz handed to them. They couldn't make it work the first time, with loads in the high 40s to 50s range, so why even attempt to fight the battle now.

With yields lower than before, what makes the airline think they may even have a chance to maintain, and prior to all the haters, blah blah blah, this isn't a night flight nonstop, it's an early morning westbound, midday eastbound. Foolish!!!

I do love and like JetBlue lots, but to play against Southwest and US Airways is stupid. Use the a/c for routes unplayed!!! Such as, BUR/SLC/DEN/SEA/PDX/SAN/SFO/SMF and others, meaning for the time frames such as the 7am westbound contrary to the late night departure times some of those I've listed already offer, but come on now.

07:30 AM
10:15 AM Boston, MA (BOS) to
Phoenix, AZ (PHX)

11:00 AM
06:58 PM Phoenix, AZ (PHX) to
Boston, MA (BOS)

Not going to work against the competition. And to all those "Oh I love JetBlue so so so much and foolish to think it will," I give you 3to1 odds the route isn't still alive in 18 months? It won't be, cuz both other airlines will force JetBlue out simply alone by the feed they provide into their hubs, that alone will force JetBlue out cuz the O&D isn't enough to justify three airlines flying the route, why JetBlue already lost once to US Airways. Come on, who wants the friendly bet, before you think "oh it didn't work cuz the flight times or the overnights or blah blah blah," cuz JetBlue, I believe at least, has a far more supreme product then the other two, but it won't work, let's finally try this, cuz I'm sick of airlines doing this b/s!!! Stop fighting routes/markets alreayd lost, like you have in the past JetBlue,and go for others. Try something different with that aircraft, damn, sick of duplicity and waste of our and my time anymore in this industry.

Wish it'd be Reno, that'd be awesome, JetBlue, there's an untapped market from the NYC area nor Boston, Reno, try it/go for it/jus do it, ya gonna get spanked in BOS-PHX cuz neither US Airways nor SWA gonna give up nor pull out, they just wont. Too much feed westbound.
Old May 18, 2010, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyboy7974
Not going to work against the competition. And to all those "Oh I love JetBlue so so so much and foolish to think it will," I give you 3to1 odds the route isn't still alive in 18 months? It won't be, cuz both other airlines will force JetBlue out simply alone by the feed they provide into their hubs, that alone will force JetBlue out cuz the O&D isn't enough to justify three airlines flying the route, why JetBlue already lost once to US Airways.
To play devil's advocate, B6 has a lot of feed on the BOS end, no?

Originally Posted by flyboy7974
Wish it'd be Reno, that'd be awesome, JetBlue, there's an untapped market from the NYC area nor Boston, Reno,
HP and CO have operated NYC-RNO in the past IIRC. They both killed it a long time ago. Do you really think there is a market there for transcon-ish loads?
Old May 18, 2010, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
They may get some connecting traffic on the eastbound PHX-BOS flight, but how many flights are going to arrive into BOS early enough for connecting passengers to make the 7:30 a.m. departure for the westbound BOS-PHX flight?
Old May 18, 2010, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LoneStarMike
They may get some connecting traffic on the eastbound PHX-BOS flight, but how many flights are going to arrive into BOS early enough for connecting passengers to make the 7:30 a.m. departure for the westbound BOS-PHX flight?
Yes, there is only 1 flight of the day. Because B6 is no longer flies out of evening flight instead of going to through redeye flight due to schedules change. This is better way where B6 will have fly on operating daylight flight is more convenient for passengers who likely catch the flight in the early morning due to traffic congestions in BOS. I remember the loads wasn't good enough by last time. Now, this time for JetBlue will get better performance. I believe the routes will have enough more profitablility. It will be very successful route for this time.
Old May 19, 2010, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12

HP and CO have operated NYC-RNO in the past IIRC. They both killed it a long time ago. Do you really think there is a market there for transcon-ish loads?

Correction, HP never operated the route nonstop. Believe it was #528 and out of JFK was one-stop, direct service through PHX westbound and a night flight through LAS eastbound. I agree that I think CO was scheduled to start a Sat only service RNO-EWR, but it was pulled prior to commencing.
Old May 22, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
bonus

On the homepage:

Jet between Boston and Phoenix
New service starts September 2. Book now and earn triple TrueBlue points!
Old May 22, 2010, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
On the homepage:

Jet between Boston and Phoenix
New service starts September 2. Book now and earn triple TrueBlue points!
Really??? Wow! A triple bonus point, huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.