FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   JetBlue becoming the next Pan Am? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1085789-jetblue-becoming-next-pan-am.html)

one May 16, 2010 7:14 am

JetBlue becoming the next Pan Am?

:mad:They just DON'T care!!! Eastern, Pan Am and possibly Jet Blue NEXT!!
Absolutely NO customer service. Tried making reservations from Florida to New York then to California, site kept having glitches, phone support is NON existent. Over TWO hours on hold the first time, waited almost 90 minutes the second time! Ended up booking through Travelocity, not going Jetscrew. Can't print boarding pass for current flight to Boston. They claim it's a computer (mine) glitch. I asked rep to print boarding pass, she couldn't either. Jetscrew is certainly NOT the company it was 9:td: years ago. They have lost a supporter.

judolphin May 16, 2010 7:21 am

Not trying to stir the pot. But to me, every airline has problems. What sets them apart IMO is how they deal with problems. B6 has great in-flight service and in-flight product. But to me, they are the single most over-rated airline in the world because of their abysmal customer service over the phone.

When things go smoothly at B6, it's an awesome airline. But whenever I've had a problem at B6, it's an call center with long hold times and agents who speak poor English. It's why I never fly them anymore.

Jerseyguy May 16, 2010 8:12 am

Originally Posted by judolphin (Post 13966217)
it's an call center with long hold times and agents who speak poor English. It's why I never fly them anymore.

Yeah those people from Salt Lake City with their poor english skills.

judolphin May 16, 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy (Post 13966390)
Yeah those people from Salt Lake City with their poor english skills.

Perhaps it's changed in the several years since I've flown with them. But many airlines combine off-shore and domestic call centers. Long hold times are a reality, however, which again has contributed to my not flying them.

sbm12 May 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by judolphin (Post 13966432)
Perhaps it's changed in the several years since I've flown with them. But many airlines combine off-shore and domestic call centers. Long hold times are a reality, however, which again has contributed to my not flying them.

JetBlue has always had their only call center in SLC.

The hold times are abysmal and definitely a problem, but the agents are in the USA. Doesn't mean they speak English well (though IME all the JetBlue agents do, once you finally get to them), but they are not off-shore.

As for the "glitches" booking the flights, were the other booking channels unable to book the same flights? JetBlue flights are sold on other websites so if jetblue.com is giving you fits there are other options for booking the flights.

And as for them becoming the next Pan Am, they'll need a much more significant route network that is wholly unsupportable before they get there. ;)

judolphin May 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 13967761)
JetBlue has always had their only call center in SLC.

Sorry for the misinformation.

Liphotoman May 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by judolphin (Post 13966217)
B6 has great in-flight service and in-flight product. But to me, they are the single most over-rated airline in the world because of their abysmal customer service over the phone.

When things go smoothly at B6, it's an awesome airline. But whenever I've had a problem at B6, it's an call center with long hold times and agents who speak poor English. It's why I never fly them anymore.

I agree almost 100% with this statement. Whether they speak proper English has never been an issue - the service is abyssmal in ANy language, whether on the phone or via email.

I am still waiting for a response from jetBlue to an issue I wrote them about 2 months ago. I've received several responses saying, in essence, "We will be responding soon." But the response has never come.

Like many have said, in the air, and even at the gate, etc., they are terrific.
I just wish therewas another airline that did the route I travel frequently - JetBlue is IT.

CMK10 May 18, 2010 12:14 am

I forgot about that notorious Pan Am problem about not being able to print your boarding pass from home.

sfozrhfco May 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Thought this was a thread about jetBlue's new service to Africa, Asia, Australia, and Europe. :D