Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

$9 LGB to/from SFO or OAK one-day sale!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:15 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member

Sale applies to travel between San Francisco and/or Oakland and Long Beach: Travel must be booked by April 26, 2010, 11:59 PM local time or 11:59 EST, whichever is earlier. All fares are subject to change without notice. Fare is available only via bookings made on jetblue.com. Fares require a 1-day advance purchase. Travel must take place between April 27, 2010 and May 19, 2010. Travel must be completed by May 19, 2010. Travel must take place on Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by nsx
Sale applies to travel between San Francisco and/or Oakland and Long Beach: Travel must be booked by April 26, 2010, 11:59 PM local time or 11:59 EST, whichever is earlier. All fares are subject to change without notice. Fare is available only via bookings made on jetblue.com. Fares require a 1-day advance purchase. Travel must take place between April 27, 2010 and May 19, 2010. Travel must be completed by May 19, 2010. Travel must take place on Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays.
Darn... Was just in LA over the weekend. Too bad I didn't stay around for a few extra days!!! SFO would have been a great side trip for my LA extended weekend.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, WN A-list, AS MVP 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Talking

Had to go South next week, so I'm giving it a try. My LA office is near LAX, so I doubt it will stick.

Taxes/Fees were $19.40 on an $18.00 fare (!!!) But I can't complain at these prices.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:22 am

Me and one of my friends are flying down tomorrow and turning around, then again next week for a LAX spotting trip. It came out to $39 r/t a/i.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mikesairways
Me and one of my friends are flying down tomorrow and turning around, then again next week for a LAX spotting trip. It came out to $39 r/t a/i.
Imperial Hill or In-n-Out for the spotting? I've tried both now and I tend to prefer In-n-Out. That being said, the southern runways do seem to have more action than the northern ones.

Here are a few shots from Sunday morning:

More pix here.

Also, there's an awesome museum at LAX (I'm writing up my visit this past Saturday now) that is worth a break from your spotting time.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:43 am

Thanks for the tips..and nice pics! We'll prob have time to do both In-N-Out and the hill. He's been down there several times, I haven't.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 6:25 am

Thanks for the tips..and nice pics! We'll prob have time to do both In-N-Out and the hill. He's been down there several times, I haven't.
If you head over to Imperial Hill and have an extra 30 minutes (or more - I could've spent a couple hours there) try the Flight Path LAX museum. It is on the south side of the field and has a ridiculous collection of flight memorabilia from all the carriers that have served LAX over the years. Free admission from 10-3 Tu-Sa. Worth a visit, IMO.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:03 am

First trip was a blast, we flew down on 1433, grabbed lunch and right back on the plane on 1434. The crew on both flights were amazing and cheerful and were laughing about our little conquest. Next week we'll do the spotting trip.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 1:22 am

First trip was a blast, we flew down on 1433, grabbed lunch and right back on the plane on 1434. The crew on both flights were amazing and cheerful and were laughing about our little conquest. Next week we'll do the spotting trip.
Hey, we were probably in the same flight. I flew down today (Wed) on 1431 and came back on 1434. It was my first time on Jetblue and LGB too, so I spent some extra time there to appreciate things . Also my first flight on an E190. Very happy to do all these for $40!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by koroleon
Hey, we were probably in the same flight. I flew down today (Wed) on 1431 and came back on 1434. It was my first time on Jetblue and LGB too, so I spent some extra time there to appreciate things . Also my first flight on an E190. Very happy to do all these for $40!
Oh cool...great flight back! LGB is such a cool terminal, very art deco-ish. We're doing it again next week but going up to LAX for the day.
Old May 10, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage; Hilton Honors
Great fare sale! I'm sorry I didn't catch it. Dev
Old May 10, 2010, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by getdev
Great fare sale! I'm sorry I didn't catch it. Dev
If you want to fly this week you can still get something similar. They just announced $10 for every seat on every flight in the system. Travel tomorrow or Wednesday.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...days-only.html
Old May 10, 2010, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by sbm12
If you want to fly this week you can still get something similar. They just announced $10 for every seat on every flight in the system. Travel tomorrow or Wednesday.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...days-only.html
Just got this for Tues ex-SFO. Sweet!
Old May 12, 2010, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
If you head over to Imperial Hill and have an extra 30 minutes (or more - I could've spent a couple hours there) try the Flight Path LAX museum. It is on the south side of the field and has a ridiculous collection of flight memorabilia from all the carriers that have served LAX over the years. Free admission from 10-3 Tu-Sa. Worth a visit, IMO.
Went to the museum...totally awesome! I think we spent almost 2 hours in there going through each room and the DC-3. The staff was awesome and had some great stories to tell.

Here are some pics from my trip:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&l=264e620f0c

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.