Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

What new routes or destintations will be announced for 2011? (speculation)

Old May 2, 2010, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hi All,

Where you will see more specific new routes to be next? What about more new cities to be announce in 2011, if necessary. If B6 will have enough to bring more A320 will be delivered in 2011. I believe E90 will delivered sometimes in 2010. Do they have enough the aircraft availability? I think B6 will expect to see more specific new routes from FLL-KIN/MBJ/STT/FPO/MEX/CZM/BZE and others, too. It would be enough more potential new routes from FLL. Where I can see B6 will next announce opening more new cities coming soon in 2010. I know B6 has already previously announced to BDL & DCA, too. I think B6 could be next more cities FLL-PVD/MHT/ORF/CVG/MCI/STL/CHS/GSP.

So let's the speculations begin.

Regards
Old May 2, 2010, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's generally a zero-sum game, right?

What are the weakest routes that will be cut?
Old May 2, 2010, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
Have to admit, I'm a little nervous about the vitality of the AUS - SFO route now that it's an A320. I just don't see that plane being close to full on a daily basis.
Old May 3, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by Keegan99
Have to admit, I'm a little nervous about the vitality of the AUS - SFO route now that it's an A320. I just don't see that plane being close to full on a daily basis.
Load doesn't matter as much as profitability. If they are making money on it, that's all that matters.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
It will also be interesting to see where gates free up due to the combination of CO/UA. Perhaps more slots will come up for VX/B6 at ORD as CO moves over the UA concourse and some of the duplicate flights to EWR and IAH are cut.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
It will also be interesting to see where gates free up due to the combination of CO/UA. Perhaps more slots will come up for VX/B6 at ORD as CO moves over the UA concourse and some of the duplicate flights to EWR and IAH are cut.
CO has already moved in with United as part of their revenue sharing agreement. Delta took over CO's gates.

Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi All,

Where you will see more specific new routes to be next? What about more new cities to be announce in 2011, if necessary. If B6 will have enough to bring more A320 will be delivered in 2011. I believe E90 will delivered sometimes in 2010. Do they have enough the aircraft availability? I think B6 will expect to see more specific new routes from FLL-KIN/MBJ/STT/FPO/MEX/CZM/BZE and others, too. It would be enough more potential new routes from FLL. Where I can see B6 will next announce opening more new cities coming soon in 2010. I know B6 has already previously announced to BDL & DCA, too. I think B6 could be next more cities FLL-PVD/MHT/ORF/CVG/MCI/STL/CHS/GSP.

So let's the speculations begin.

Regards
And I would agree that B6 will add FLL-Kingston and Montego Bay, and possibly Santiago in addition to connecting some of the other dots (think Chicago O'Hare, Houston Hobby, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Orlando, Phoenix, Pittsburgh and Tampa). But new FLL markets would likely be more Central/South America oriented to cities with larger populations for more business and VFR traffic as opposed to solely vacation traffic in Belize City, Cozumel, Freeport and St Thomas.
My guesses for 2011
Guatemala City (Fort Lauderdale)
Mexico City (Orlando)
Panama City (Orlando)
Port of Spain (New York JFK)
San Salvador (Fort Lauderdale)

Atlantic City (Fort Lauderdale, Orlando)
Key West (Fort Lauderdale)
Manchester (New York JFK)
Miami (Boston, New York JFK)
San Antonio (New York JFK)
Old May 3, 2010, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There is one things for EYW. There is problems where E90 cannot handling to landed into EYW due to weight restricted. This is shorter runway is 4,800 length feets. I know EYW is very small terminals space but, its does not have enough the space to being built new terminals. I think it should have installed the jetbridge and need to redevelopment new runway expansions from 4,800 to 9,000 length feet can be landed into EYW.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
There is one things for EYW. There is problems where E90 cannot handling to landed into EYW due to weight restricted. This is shorter runway is 4,800 length feets. I know EYW is very small terminals space but, its does not have enough the space to being built new terminals. I think it should have installed the jetbridge and need to redevelopment new runway expansions from 4,800 to 9,000 length feet can be landed into EYW.
Absolutely the E190 can take off from Key West, with as little as 4,157 ft of runway and go 500nm. (http://www.embraercommercialjets.com...wnload/136.pdf) Airtran's using their 737-700's with full passenger loads although they are just flying up to Orlando.
Old May 4, 2010, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrPresident1776
Absolutely the E190 can take off from Key West, with as little as 4,157 ft of runway and go 500nm. (http://www.embraercommercialjets.com...wnload/136.pdf) Airtran's using their 737-700's with full passenger loads although they are just flying up to Orlando.
Why FL can't have nonstop from EYW-ATL without payload restrictions?
Old May 6, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
I think these are interesting predictions, I am not really sure how ambitious jetBlue is going to be in 2011. I agree some FLL expansion is probably on the horizon. I did notice some new service from BOS-SRQ starting this November. As for connecting the dots it would be awesome if you could get from the west coast to Florida, without going through New York. I am going to school in Seattle and the only way down is via BOS or JFK, there is a route through LGB but only from FLL. It would be nice if maybe SEA-AUS existed (not sure if the market for that really exists) and maybe if they had AUS-PBI/TPA/MCO/FLL instead of only AUS-FLL/MCO. Maybe that is unrealistic, but that would benefit people trying to connect from the west coast to Florida if AUS served more of Florida.
As far as new service is concerned I would assume the Caribbean expansion is likely from MCO/FLL.
Old May 7, 2010, 6:17 am

DL no longer had CVG on hub status. With the whole A terminal empty, I would imagine that would leave an oppurtunity B6 and WN to come in and fill the void. Then again, it all comes back to if it would be profitable for them or not.
Old May 7, 2010, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Seat13c
DL no longer had CVG on hub status. With the whole A terminal empty, I would imagine that would leave an oppurtunity B6 and WN to come in and fill the void. Then again, it all comes back to if it would be profitable for them or not.
CVG has some of the highest airfares in the country; a new entrant wouldn't have to compete solely on price to a point that the flights wouldn't be profitable to start service there. That being said, it is much more of a connection point than an O/D point and both the JetBlue and Southwest networks seem to focus more on O/D than connections.
Old May 8, 2010, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
CVG has some of the highest airfares in the country; a new entrant wouldn't have to compete solely on price to a point that the flights wouldn't be profitable to start service there. That being said, it is much more of a connection point than an O/D point and both the JetBlue and Southwest networks seem to focus more on O/D than connections.
With DL being gone, management will have to re-evaluate costs. I'm not saying that they will lower costs but it'll make them look at the cost structures and how they charge to cover them.

With shutting down a terminal and a half, that a lot of variable income they are losing. Most of it will have to be made up some how.
Old May 8, 2010, 4:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Seat13c
With DL being gone, management will have to re-evaluate costs. I'm not saying that they will lower costs but it'll make them look at the cost structures and how they charge to cover them.

With shutting down a terminal and a half, that a lot of variable income they are losing. Most of it will have to be made up some how.
I understand that flying in/out of CVG was expensive, but I don't think that is the whole story for why fares are so high there. Most of the traffic is on corporate contracts and there is limited competition. So a new entrant showing up would have to deal with the costs of operations at the airport but they wouldn't have to come in with bargain basement prices to establish a foot-hold.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Where you want to know from JetBlue to be next announce in 2011? Let's the speculating about this one. If I could see B6 will growth more and it will expanded more domestic new routes from FLL-ALB/MHT/BTV/ACY/BWI/ORF and DTW/ORD/MKE/SAT/HOU. It could be more potential international new routes from FLL-FPO/KIN/MBJ/CZM/BZE/MEX/PVR/MZT/SJD/SJO/PTY. If the A320 or E90 will expected to be delivered sometimes in 2011 timelines. If the routes will have enough profitability out of FLL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.